StromTrooper banner

381 - 387 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm probably resurrecting a dead thread here, but I'm having the same issue with FODSports losing charge contact in the cradle. It caused much frustration on my last tour. I contacted the seller and they sent me a new unit, but only the device-not new cables. I just tested it with my original cradle/charger and the problem is the same. The issue is clearly with the charger/terminals not the device. Has anyone found a fix? I see that new cables are about $20 on AliExpress, but I fear it's a design flaw and will just happen again.
I have also the same problem, and I don`t now how can I fix it
I tried to solve the problem by charging the unit with the side usb connector, but it still gave me the same problem, turn off the device continuously after 15 seconds

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
A direct socket connection to keyed power should avert any possibility of power interruption, yet you say that you have directly connected to the battery with similar results?
I would then suggest the power wire/cradle is the culprit.
I do not recommend direct to the battery as inevitably you will leave the unit on standby and perhaps end up with a flat motorcycle battery. Connect to the Heated Grips power source which is keyed power (or some other keyed power)

If you have an power meter you could check that the two circuits are constant when flexing the wiring and connectors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have also the same problem, and I don`t now how can I fix it
I tried to solve the problem by charging the unit with the side usb connector, but it still gave me the same problem, turn off the device continuously after 15 seconds
I also tried charging direct from side USB and had the same issue. I don't think this device was properly tested for vibrations and connections lose the contact occasionally. Making things worse is software that tells device to shut down as soon as the external power is lost.
I'm going to order a new accessory kit for this unit ( cables+ cradle). If it brakes again, this thing is going into the bin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Fodsports m5s Pro with the same shutting off problem.
I my case, since I also have a USB drop in the handlebar, I use both methods at the same time and then it works. But I am losing waterproff capability.
I have bought a new cradle with same results, and I have even changed the charger: no joy either.

I also wish there were a configuration option to avoid the auto power on/off.

Regards.

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
Mine powers up automatically with key on (via the heated grips source). When I turn the key off a pop up menu gives me 3 options - power off, sleep, or cancel. If I am stopping for fuel etc I use "sleep" and it quick starts when I am done.
A charged battery should last for longer than 15 seconds. Use the USB and plug it into your PC etc to give it a full charge. Perhaps a dead flat battery effects its operation.
I have not had these issues and I should shift my unit sometime. At its current mounting (the faring) it shakes badly and is difficult to read - but this has not interfered with its operation.

381 - 387 of 387 Posts