StromTrooper banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am in lake in the hills. keep me in mind if going on a ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Intriguing...though I would not be able to promise moving it along in a timely fashion. I don't have any vacation time to take it very far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Doesn't happen to be grey with round style Suzuki boxes and Suzuki touring wind screen does it?
Pictures are in the new member thread. It did come from Glen Ellyn by way of Libertyville. It has the Suzuki factory rounded Givi cases (has been down on them I sanded and rattled canned the scuffs), but looking to pick up some E22s for a narrower profile and top loading.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Doesn't happen to be grey with round style Suzuki boxes and Suzuki touring wind screen does it?
BTW if my new to me Strom was your old Strom, let me know if you checked that valves, its not due yet, but didn't see that on the yellow papers that the were the owner before I bought it from's maintenance records (which was great to see dates for fluids, plug change filter, tires etc). Also if was yours and you did all the aftermarket stuff THANKS! Everything is done so well with the aftermarket wiring for the grips, voltage meter, charging ports, lights etc. I noticed a lot of time/effort went into making everything perfect. there was some tape wrapped around the crash bar connector piece, I took that off then herd that little plastic spacer vibrate and put some new gorilla tape on it, there was a reason for it lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@Buck83 - Looked at your older posts with pics, Yep I have your wife's old 07 Strom! (sorry for the cyberstalk lol- I had most of the info to reach out to you if needed anyway from the owner I bought it from). Thanks for taking such good care of it on the maintenance end while you had it and the awesome wiring work! I changed the oil out of habit when I bought it despite it only having about 300 miles but two years since the previous oil change. Let me know if you want to go for a ride. Recent upgrades I have done. used Sargent seat, new hand-guards, replaced front signals with Baja Designs using factory connectors from old indicators, added a tool tube L side rack, sanded and painted scuff portions of side bags, SW mototech tank bag with quick lock ring (ruing backordered) soon new Givi E22 top-load side cases- waiting for my amazon points so they are nearly free). I don't have much time for long recreational rides wife/kids/other activities, but you are pretty close by. Bought the bike without even test riding it lol had only ridden a 2011 white ABS model.

I would have just edited the first post but not sure how or if I need a premium membership.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just joined the ranks and I am out in Lockport.
Awesome welcome! I will be making a trip out to Lockport tomorrow for work on my Strom. Before I bought mine earlier this year I almost bought a new MT09 at Rich’s Yamaha. Really happy with my decision to buy a used strom. I test road the MT09 at the demo day out there after purchasing the strom and it was peppy and fun, but not very comfortable. You will love it, best Nike I’ve owned so far and I’ve had a few and ridden many.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm in Kane County, ride my 2012 DL 1000 around with my mostly cruiser friends, along with a few sport tourers. Just joined this group, (maybe for the second time?) I've seen a yellow Strom àround Burlington and a gray Strom that travels occasionally along Rt 72 through Hoffman Estates.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am here. Representing Lake in the Hills, 1 hr west of Chicago. Red 2012 V Strom 1000 Adventure.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts