StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations for a good Suzuki dealer/parts/service location. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and am on my fourth dealer (1. Out of business for alleged fraud, 2. Never calls back, 3. Never answers the phone, 4. Never ordered the part they said they would order.) At this point, I will go anywhere in the metro to get decent service. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dealers

I've had good luck with Schaamberg Honda Suzuki on Golf Road in Schaumburg. Head Mechanic is Tom. Sorted out the Fuel injection issues on my 07 1000.
Silverfox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my V-Strom @ Chicago Cycles Center and got a good deal.
But for the first maintenance, I went to Honda Suzuki in Schaumburg, as recommended by gbw and got a really professional service at a reasonable price.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Chicago Cycles quoted over $1000 for bogus freight and setup charges a few years ago. I hope they aren't still doing that.

·
Registered
657 Posts
These guys are pricey but honest. Maybe a little out of your range.

Midlothian Sports & Cycle
14723 S Pulaski Road
Midlothian , IL 60445-3411
708-371-2200
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, 10:00am-8:00pm /
Fri 10:00am-6:00pm / Sat 10:00am-5:00pm /
Sun Closed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not a bad price, I think

Chicago Cycles quoted over $1000 for bogus freight and setup charges a few years ago. I hope they aren't still doing that.
$7,700 out the door for my 2009 DL650 ABS, that was by far the best price I got from the three Suzuki dealers I asked.

·
38,048 Posts
$7,700 out the door for my 2009 DL650 ABS, that was by far the best price I got from the three Suzuki dealers I asked.
That's not bad for a $7,999 MSRP. Their first quote to me for a 2005 model in January, 2006 was $8200 when the MSRP was $6599. I saw a 2009 ABS model parked there a few weeks ago. It was the first ABS model I've seen in the Chicago area besides mine.

·
38,048 Posts
If you saw it on September 18th around noon, it was mine :thumbup:
It could very well be the case. I was on my way to Wendy's for lunch when I saw it. It looked like it had a Madstad windshield bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts