StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked :shock: at the rigamarole I had to go through in order to check the air breather... Remove the fuel tank? Give me a break.

I went ahead anyway and found the filter clean as a whistle except for a couple of flies (I was half expecting to find an oily mess inside because the oil level was overfilled (by the dealer). Happily, there was no mess to clean up in there).

Nevertheless, it wasted the better part of an afternoon better spent riding. :x On my XR650 it's a 5-minute job, tops.

- Martin

·
Registered
360 Posts
It will get easier now that you know the procedure. Believe it or not, it's easier than getting to the air filter on my ZR. On that bike, I had to remove the tank, the tank mounting bracket, and the battery to get at the airbox.

I checked mine this weekend (1,800 miles) and it only had a couple of buggies, too. Then again, the serious bug season is just starting here.

You may already know this but you can get the tank off by just loosening the fairings. The service manual would have you remove the whole thing just to get the tank off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts