StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the local shop and they had a black 2011 with the side bags. And yes, this bike is tall! I'm 5 11 with a 32 inch inseam and I can stand flat footed with my knees slightly bent. A humbling experience indeed. Suzuki is running a deal right now in that they'll throw a set of side bags in for 199. Shame I'm forcing myself to wait a while longer... they acted like they really want to work with me. That's a plus. I'm very excited, I wanted to take it for a spin. It was 43 degrees out but still slush on the road. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine....

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Great ! few things more exciting than the prospect of bringing a new bike home... that deal on the bags is terrific, quite a savings.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I took delivery of my new 2011 Wee on New Years Eve and feel like I got a great deal on a great bike. I also got the bags & tour box which I had on my 09 Wee they are good bags for highway use for sure. And speaking of highway use this is one reason I went ahead and picked up a 2011 as I am afraid the 2012 won't have the fairing protection of the older models. I will be riding my bike 99.9 percent on the road with trips on weekends up to 700-1400 miles some weekends. As much as I like the 2012 looks, it looks like a smaller bike with less protection and sort of reminds me of the Kaw 650 Versys. Don't wait too long buying a 2011 with that $199 bag offer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pull the trigger

I got a 2011 model in September and have been thrilled with it. A friend of mine has a 2007 model with close to 80,000 miles and he has had no trouble. I read all the reviews out there. Rider compared it to the new Triumph 800 and in the end said the V Strom was more comfortable, economical and had a better dealer network. They said they the would buy the Triumph because it was newer. Give me the better bike any day. The bag deal is really nice. I was looking at spending a grand or better on panniers so 199 is a steal. The only downside I have found is that no one makes liners for them, or if they do I can't find them. Take the plunge - the 2012 may look different, but if you really look at the specs, it doesn't seem that much better. Thats my 2 cents worth. Hope to see you on the road someday.
Pappy

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one motorcycle I would not sell

I picked up my white 2011 in October and I love it. It is the one motorcycle that I will not sell. :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I picked up my white 2011 in October and I love it. It is the one motorcycle that I will not sell. :thumbup:
You are stealin my material here.......... I have told my wife this for the past 20 years every time I get a new motorcycle :biggrinjester:

·
Banned
66 Posts
After 40+ yrs my wife lets it all in one ear...
I stand with you, my brothers, and give you the "brotherhood of married liars about motorcycles" salute. 30 years of saying "this one's a keeper", and now my wife just hears "wa wah, wa wa wa wa". :green_lol:

·
Registered
518 Posts
You know, as much as I love the maintenance tips, help with deciding which farkle to buy, etc. It's the honest sense of humour that I really love about this board!:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts