StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission is less “clunky” and seems much smoother when I took out almost all the slack from the clutch cable. Chain needs to be on the tight side and throttle slack needs to be at almost zero. The engine has a lot of braking force when you decelerate it gets scary when you decelerate in fast turns. Excessive slack in the throttle will keep you from decelerating with any degree of precision when you most need it. I’m at 700 miles and just noticed my 20 day temporary plates expired yesterday. Came through a police checkpoint today and it’s a good thing they did not notice. They were too busy checking for inspection stickers. When they noticed I did not have one I told them that it’s brand new and they let me through. Had the bike in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island yesterday. If you can handle the height it’s a great urban vehicle. Sort of feels like you have an SUV. Which is what you need for the obstacles and the greater visibility. One of these days I have to write an article about “Adventure Riding” in NYC. I learned more about my bike in the two trips to NYC than I did in the rest of the miles that I accumulated in the suburbs and the country. I was out today and the damn thing flies. You get an indicated 100 mph in a split second before you even know it. It’s so damn smooth that you have no indication that you are picking up that much speed. The fairing is great and so is the wind protection to your knees from the shape of the tank. Makes me feel so damn decadent.

T

·
0 Posts
mike183 said:
...Came through a police checkpoint today and its a good thing they did not notice. They were too busy checking for inspection stickers....quote]

WTF? Sounds like frickin' Mexico. I've never had that sort of thing in California...hmmmm..I wonder if I've just been lucky.
Seriously, tho, it's good to see you're pleased with your bike. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts