Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't know if I can get over much more than I did! :hurray:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah I know...bare fingers. I just can't seem to let go of those fingerless gloves for some reason.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hot dang! You put some lean on that one brother.... nice!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nicely done..

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I don't know if I can get over much more than I did!
Try this...balls of the feet on the pegs. Shortly before you enter the turn, lift your butt up and slide across the seat. Nothing extreme. Still both hip bones on the seat, but off to the side on the inside of the turn, the right in the turn you show. At the same time swivel on the seat a bit toward the right so your left knee is against the tank for support. Lean your upper body toward the turn, and lean more. You're supported by your right foot on the peg and your left knee against the tank.

Start wide, close to the center line for the right turn. Go deep into the turn slowing as you enter. Going in wide and deep allows the best sight line for a safe turn exit, and allows the straightest exit as you roll on the gas.

Go in wide and deep, slow as you enter the turn. Keep your outside arm relaxed. Push with the inside hand to turn, roll on some throttle. Steer as close as safe to the right side, with the closest point about 2/3rds of the way through the turn. Pull back with the inside hand to straighten, then do it the other way for the next turn.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try this...balls of the feet on the pegs. Shortly before you enter the turn, lift your butt up and slide across the seat. Nothing extreme. Still both hip bones on the seat, but off to the side on the inside of the turn, the right in the turn you show. At the same time swivel on the seat a bit toward the right so your left knee is against the tank for support. Lean your upper body toward the turn, and lean more. You're supported by your right foot on the peg and your left knee against the tank.

Start wide, close to the center line for the right turn. Go deep into the turn slowing as you enter. Going in wide and deep allows the best sight line for a safe turn exit, and allows the straightest exit as you roll on the gas.

Go in wide and deep, slow as you enter the turn. Keep your outside arm relaxed. Push with the inside hand to turn, roll on some throttle. Steer as close as safe to the right side, with the closest point about 2/3rds of the way through the turn. Pull back with the inside hand to straighten, then do it the other way for the next turn.
I showed this post to my Kappa side cases & they made it clear they were not interested lol

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
If you ain't scraping the pegs, you ain't fast.
I don't see no elbows touching the ground either.
Just the same, seeing oneself in the photos might be nice.
I have a picture on me on the now defunct Riverside Intl raceway track at an early Keith Code Superbike session...what a slug! :yikes:
The older I get the faster I was!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you ain't scraping the pegs, you ain't fast.
I don't see no elbows touching the ground either.
Just the same, seeing oneself in the photos might be nice.
I have a picture on me on the now defunct Riverside Intl raceway track at an early Keith Code Superbike session...what a slug! :yikes:
The older I get the faster I was!
Considering I just kicked the cruiser to the curb 5 months ago and that there isn't much by way of curves in FL...I think I'm making good progress! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts

Seriously, do you do this in real life, go around giving people unneeded advice on how to do things they are already doing? Not every ride is a freakin competition and this gentlemen may have been enjoying his ride rather than trying to maximize his speed. I ask because you gave me the exact same lecture a few years ago when I proudly posted my Killboy highlights page photo. And I've noticed quite a bit of opinionated (guess which way it all leans, note the goegraphical area) diattribe from you. Go ride your motorcycle and quit vomiting your superiority on others.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Considering I just kicked the cruiser to the curb 5 months ago and that there isn't much by way of curves in FL...I think I'm making good progress! :mrgreen:
Yes indeed, you are doing well.

·
Registered
583 Posts

Isn't this the approach to keep the bike more upright than it would normally be given a certain speed on a corner?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why not crash the party as well?:

I loved that place. Caught it towards the end of my cross country and the folks staying there were as good as the roads themselves. We stayed up way into the night talking and shooting the crap. Folks from all different walks of life and interests, all brought together by their love of riding.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seriously, do you do this in real life, go around giving people unneeded advice on how to do things they are already doing? Not every ride is a freakin competition and this gentlemen may have been enjoying his ride rather than trying to maximize his speed. I ask because you gave me the exact same lecture a few years ago when I proudly posted my Killboy highlights page photo. And I've noticed quite a bit of opinionated (guess which way it all leans, note the goegraphical area) diattribe from you. Go ride your motorcycle and quit vomiting your superiority on others.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
Actually your candid photos are quite nice and you looks properly heeled over.
If you don't end up off the road, you are doing everything right!
I've been know to visit the side of the road on occasion. I hate when that happens!:biggrinjester:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts