StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know, I think that for the 2018 Eastern rally we need to aim for the biggest V-Strom collection ever.
Maybe then Suzuki would bring in a truck load of demo bikes for some of its most ardent fans to try out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2017 650 review is HERE.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
It sounds like Suzuki is finally doing something about the poorly designed clutch basket.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,150 Posts
It sounds like Suzuki is finally doing something about the poorly designed clutch basket.

I'll find that out soon enough! What they mention in the article probably has nothing to do with the clutch basket, but instead with the inner hub. This was changed on the 2014 to a slipper design that actually worked well. Some SV owners are fitting that DL setup to the SV 1000 as it is MUCH better than the old factory Back Torque Limiter setup that the SV had during its life. It mentions changes in the ramps, so I am assuming they have changed the inner hub again. There have been no real issues beyond some clutches not releasing properly with the second generation Vee2 so I don't know why they would change it. It could even be they are referring to the same clutch inner hub assembly the Vee2 has. Would be the first time info like that overlapped....

·
Vendor
4,706 Posts
Overall, not bad.

Anybody else annoyed by people trying to tell us these overly conservative off pavement limitations of our bikes? I guess the writers have to try and draw distinctions, but I'll gladly lead them down forest roads and doubletrack with my Vee2. In fact I'm pretty sure I have a photo of my Vee2 doing a stream crossing around here somewhere.

Chase you out there?

He rode the same stream crossing with his girlfriend on the back of his Wee. There was a multi strada in the group as well. I'll bet the writers would have cautioned the six or seven V-Stroms against the ride (at least in print). I really don't think the the one multistrada on the ride had much of any advantage on the forest roads.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Overall, not bad.

Anybody else annoyed by people trying to tell us these overly conservative off pavement limitations of our bikes? I guess the writers have to try and draw distinctions, but I'll gladly lead them down forest roads and doubletrack with my Vee2. In fact I'm pretty sure I have a photo of my Vee2 doing a stream crossing around here somewhere.

Chase you out there?

He rode the same stream crossing with his girlfriend on the back of his Wee. There was a multi strada in the group as well. I'll bet the writers would have cautioned the six or seven V-Stroms against the ride (at least in print). I really don't think the the one multistrada on the ride had much of any advantage on the forest roads.
Rick,
Thanks for telling it like it really is!

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
Overall, not bad.

Chase you out there?

Its not a European gourmet machine Rick, what would you expect from the writers and reviewers?

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Overall, not bad.

Chase you out there?

I think you will enjoy this if you haven't already seen it. :yesnod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xdu_i3BGeY

We have all of their DVD's, they do some awesome rides around Oz mainly on DR650"s

Cheers

·
Vendor
4,706 Posts
v2man,

Great video. That is what an adventure bike is for. The V-Strom's designers nailed the compromise between dirt and street in my opinion.

Big-B,

I think your right. The writers have to have to focus on what sells magazines and gets website traffic for advertising revenue. There is no doubt that most people would consider me potentially biased, but if I had to have just one bike I would not choose the AT over the Vee2 or Vee3. Too much of my adventure time is spent of twisty roads, cross country, and with the Mrs. aboard. The AT trails the Vee2 in those areas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah my Strom has gotten plenty dirty. Bike does just fine in many off road and rutty situations. Throw a TKC 80 on the front and and K60 on the back and you are good to go. Mind you....this particular trip to the Mojave in January might have been a tad too much. Live and learn.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts