StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wanted a little more sound from the DL. I didn’t want aftermarket pipes as they were TOO Fricken expensive as in almost 1/8 the price of the bike, and I couldn’t use soft luggage with them.. I only wanted a Little more sound and not the obnoxious loud sound that kills the fun out of long distance canyon or carving. So I went the drilling out the Baffle route. How ever I did things a little different, I used a ¼ long bit, then ½.” From there I used a long 1” solid metal spike that worked great at widening the hole. I didn’t want to have to buy the 30.00 dollar 1” drill bit for Two applications. The Bike has a Nice Lower pitched growl to it now, which I can hear at idle or cruising briskly in 1st or second gear. At Highway speeds its not much louder then stock. Personally I would still like a little more sound, but I will just live with it as is for now. BTW my seat of the pants performance tests result in NO net gain or loss. But my BUTT aint calibrated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

and i have no idea how you would load them on here. i also put a rotary file on my drill and cleaned up the hole. Really there is not much to picture. If you insert a 1" rod down your exhaust the ONLY thing it will hit is the single wall baffle plate about 9 Inches in.. That is what i drilled into. on my first attempy to widden the hole i used and aluminum Volly-Ball pole. BAD IDEA while Hammering it into the hole to widden it, it got snagged and took two grown men and a Sledge Hammer to remove it!!! The steel spike worked great.. I am now thinking about using the rotary file to enlarge the hole as much as possable to get a little more of the deep growl. That will probbally happen next week some time as my work scedule is really busy now.

B

·
0 Posts
Heard that a 1/2 inch hole saw bit works really good too. I am gonna probably go that route. I have an exhaust leak somewhere in my back header pipe. Driving me nuts!!! I am gonna try to get that fixed under warranty before I start drilling. Is your FI system still stock, or do you have a PCIII or remapped computer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts