StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the best and cheapest way to watch TV or a DVD while riding?

I don't have bluetooth and I really don't want to have to use rabbit ears on my topcase.

Well?

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I welded up a barbeque mount over my gas tank so I can cook while I ride. I don't think I'd have room for a TV up there too.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Snuggle up to the back of a mini van / suv / Pick 'em up truck full of kids. There is sure to be a DVD player playing in them. My wife and I were behind, then passed one on I-90 in Vermont during an ice storm about five years ago. I regularly see them in traffic at night around here.

AS for on the bike, not a clue.

·
Registered
22,233 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Here you go.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This won't work. For some reason I suspect Janice likes things that vibrate.
Sorry Janice:D The devil made me type that:)
That's why I welded some loonies to my left piston head. Freya is actually a 100HP fuel-injected vibrator.

Hey, it works for me, eh?

:cool:

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
So what's the best and cheapest way to watch TV or a DVD while riding?

I don't have bluetooth and I really don't want to have to use rabbit ears on my topcase.

Well?

:rolleyes:
You should first of all forget about the rabbit ears and get a satelite dish. There are many companies that have dishes for use on boats and these will track the satellite so that you never miss the signal.

You could mount it on your topcase and I am sure these would improve the look of the bike!

I would go with a Ram mount for the screen. I don't think you should use anything over 36" on a ram mount but probably could modify it to use two mounts for a larger screen.

To really improve the whole viewing thing make sure to get a nice surround sound setup. BOSE has got those nice little cube speakers that you can attach around your bike and a subwoofer in the back would round it out. (Since bass is non-directional it doesn't realy matter where you put the subwoofer.)

..TOm

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would go with a Ram mount for the screen. I don't think you should use anything over 36" on a ram mount but probably could modify it to use two mounts for a larger screen.

..TOm
Heck... if your going for 36", get one with picture in picture, and just use it as your windshield. Use the p in p for the road ahead. Atleast that's what I would do...;)

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
In the future, please contact my publicist before posting my likeness.
Updated version. Who the heck can tell that it is you?

Do try wearing this at a border crossing........

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, Janice does not ask odd questions......................ah well er hmm, they are not odd in her little world.
The laws of physics are different where I live, so some of the questions I may ask -might- seem odd in your world.

For example, if I were to reverse the odo in my bike, I'd travel back in time.

No, I won't give you the winning lottery numbers...

·
Registered
578 Posts
And as a noob here, I have to ask.....does Janice have a penchant for asking odd questions?? LOL
Janice only asks the questions that come naturally to her. ;)

As for the TV... my worry would be what kind of buffeting issues this would bring up, especially if you went with the satellite dish.

Also, you'd probably have to switch oils to compensate for the stress on the engine from the increased drag coefficient. Would you go up in weight or down? Either way, it would have to be Amsoil, which can get pretty pricy. Personally, being a wee rider, I refuse to spend any money whatsoever on my bike, which is why I use the discarded fryolator oil from the local chicken shack.

...Which brings me to another point! Your Vee is already too heavy, and adding the weight up top would just make the bike totally unridable. This is probably the single greatest reason the Wee is better than the Vee. That and the gas mileage.

Did I miss anything?

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Janice only asks the questions that come naturally to her. ;)

As for the TV... my worry would be what kind of buffeting issues this would bring up, especially if you went with the satellite dish.

Also, you'd probably have to switch oils to compensate for the stress on the engine from the increased drag coefficient. Would you go up in weight or down? Either way, it would have to be Amsoil, which can get pretty pricy. Personally, being a wee rider, I refuse to spend any money whatsoever on my bike, which is why I use the discarded fryolator oil from the local chicken shack.

...Which brings me to another point! Your Vee is already too heavy, and adding the weight up top would just make the bike totally unridable. This is probably the single greatest reason the Wee is better than the Vee. That and the gas mileage.

Did I miss anything?
Trust me, until you've ridden an older Concours, you don't really know top-heavy.

Besides, -I'm- top heavy, so why would it bother me that my bike is too?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The needle on my record player continually skips when I have the Wee at any speed greater than 50kph. Works great in town, but I really want to be able to listed to "Space Truckin" when out on the hwy.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts