StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't even have to be bluetooth, is there a plug-in hands free device that will work in my helmet? What's the cheapest option?
Thanks,
Chad

·
Administrator
16,973 Posts
What??????? You are riding a motorcycle, there is no talking on phones.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
What??????? You are riding a motorcycle, there is no talking on phones.
I started to mention that the cheapest way I could think of was to stop, get off the bike, and answer the phone, but you pretty much beat me to it. It's also the smartest and most obvious way.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Add to that a smart-alec voice mail greeting like:
"I told you never to call me when I'm riding!"
Then, whenever you don't answer your phone, people will think you're riding.
Seriously though, the solution is not a way to ride and talk. The solution is to ride and not talk.
In case you think the first 3 replies were not being helpful, consider at least that we're not being flippant. We really discourage riding and talking on the phone in the interest of your safety, which is way more important than any conversation that puts you at risk.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Cheap motorcycle phone.

Cheap motorcycle phone instructions:

1. Cut hole in helmet.

2. Place tin can in hole.

3. Attach string to bottom of can. (Very long piece of string)

4. Ride.

5. Talk.

6. Repeat as necessary.

Really, why would you want to talk on a phone while riding? Sorta ruins the whole experience. Besides, you'd just end up talking to telemarketers anyway...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Unfortunately, my job requires me to be available, either onsite or by phone, so I have to deal with the cell phone. I have to take the call, but I pull over to talk. I bought a Camos headset ($150) after trying to use the headset that came with the phone, but couldn't push the "answer" button with a gloved hand. The "answer" mode is voice activated. Not as good a solution as "no phone", but it hasworked best for me so far.

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
Doesn't even have to be bluetooth, is there a plug-in hands free device that will work in my helmet? What's the cheapest option?
Thanks,
Chad
I don't know the cheap way, but I can tell you a way that works

I have an Autocom system that is harwired to my helmet, the Autocom is an audio controller unit, my Zumo GPS w/MP3 player, Valentine 1 radar locator, FRS bike to bike and a bluetooth adaptor are all connected to the Autocom unit.

I set my phone on voice answer & dial then stick it in my pocket, the bluetooth in the phone & the bluetooth adaptor on the Autocom do their thing

I can actually hear my phone better thru the Autocom in my helmet @ 90mph on the freeway than I can sitting in a quiet room

I can choose to turn the phone off anytime I like

works slicker than sh!t but eeeekspensive, between the Autocom unit, all the cabling, etc, $750

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts