StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the previous owner of my 04 650 decided he needed some storage so he attached this rubbermaid cooler. Check it out.

It's a good topcase for 10 bucks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put a 24" diamond plate tool box on my WEE.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I've got a case like that. How is it attached?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
People and their imagination never amaze me. It actually looks good. I came close to doing a Pelican Case fabrication myself. But eventually opted for a GIVI.

Did you get your Alaska Butt Pad yet? Mine just came from where I bought it on E-Bay and it looks great. Hope it works like stated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered it last friday, I haven't talked to my dad who has the bike. Unfortunately I wont get to try it out til the end of July because I'm in Charlotte doing research.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bolted a plastic toolbox from Lowes on my Wee. Used a couple existing half inch holes in the rack, a couple big bolts and some fender washers. $25 total investment counting the flat black paint for the toolbox. Works great and is fairly waterproof.

EDIT: Here's a picture. I've since painted the galvanized metal part flat black to match the plastic.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I dig inexpensive, reasonable solutions like this. I actually bought this box in the automotive section of Wal-Mart($16, cost of bungy and tax included) and I like it.

Previously I had been using a large gym bag with a $10 cargo net, but that got tiresome to keep strapping down. Thanks for the tip. Just got to keep an eye on it because it would be easy to steal and doesn't carry into places as well as my gym bag did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chinese knockoff of GIVI case

I recently bought a knockoff of a GIVI top case from JC Whitney web site. It was $89. Had it a couple weeks now. Not as stylish as the tool boxes shown on this site, but its actually a decent case for the $$. I dont know the exact size, but it will hold a helmet and a few small things. So far so good....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts