StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the northwest corner of Steeles and Bathurst is one of my favourite stores. It is called "99-cent World", but I call it Boris's, because the management comes from Russia.

The hardware department is along the east wall, and they have a lot of bargains. The standout deal, in my opinion, is a plastic box containing between fifteen and twenty-one metric bolts, in various sizes, with nuts. There is also a box of nuts only, in various sizes. Getting a dozen bolts for a buck beats the prices I usually pay. I need new chain adjusters for my vintage bike, and a pair of bolts is $7.95 plus tax at the local Honda shop.

While you are there, you can get greeting cards, decals, sponges, and the usual fare found at the finest dollar stores. I do not think Boris has succumbed to the popular tendency to sell other wares for more than a buck, but the store is large, and he may have slipped some deals past me.

As you know, I am easy to fool.
Keith

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second Source of same stuff.

Dollar Blitz, at the SE corner of Steeles and Dufferin also has metric hardware for a buck-a-box. I got some more bolts and some lock-washers, and I promptly used them on my vintage bike.

One caveat: some of the bolts have 13mm heads, and that may necessitate buying or carrying one more dang wrench!

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts