StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seems to be working now? Website is acting up, I bought the 24-24115 for side cases, every bit as good as Pelican cases, just wish the larger ones I posted were on sale at the time. Overall pretty happy with the product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WLCM10

Might get another 10% off with this code, not sure they'll let you stack it on top of their sale price though.

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
Thanks for the link, I really like that 16" tactical case for a potential top case.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've used Pelican cases for along time in the miltiary. I wound up ordering one of the MCM cases to build a HAM radio EMCOM repeater in a box setup. I'm so impressed with that MCM case I'll never buy a Pelican again. Way too expensive. Should be a soild top case or sidecase if you pick up some of the larger ones.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
These MCM cases used to go by the name, "Duratool." Do a search here and you'll see several strommers have them, myself included. This is a great price, 2 for $60. I think the large ones (this link) are perfect. Big, but not too big.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just received the 22" deep mcm case today I thought I received the wrong box because it was so heavy 12 1/2lbs and friggin huge I can almost get two Shoe Neotec in I can get one Neotec and a regular 3/4 helmet in no problem. I weigh about 160lbs and just to see I stood on the case and the top flexed but that was about it.

I have a 2013 650 adventure and the 22" case just fits between the oem panniers and still allow the panniers to open, Because the mounts for the panniers are offset the case also has to be offset to clear both panniers.

More than happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I've had the same set of these Duratool cases on two different bikes now, first the V-strom and now the S10, with a total of about 20,000 miles of use, and they have held up great. Believe me, with two people doing loaded up touring, they get stuffed with gear, and they have never failed me. I did glue some small squares of plastic over the holes where the hinge pins are inserted, as they tended to work themselves loose with vibration.

On a recent ride out to Nebraska, I added a third large Duratool case as a topcase (along with a homemade quick release support system); with three cases like that on the bike, it rivals a Gold Wing for storage!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
On a recent ride out to Nebraska, I added a third large Duratool case as a topcase (along with a homemade quick release support system); with three cases like that on the bike, it rivals a Gold Wing for storage!
I wouldn't have thought you could get a full face helmet in those shallower cases.
I find not much will match the extra 69.75 liters of storage on the hitch rack on the Goldwing unless your pulling a trailer of course.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Versys?

I thought the Versa had a trunk...and a few doors.

So does his bike.... :nerd:

On topic the hinge pins vibrating out don't sound good. Never had any issues with my well worn Pelicans, after a few years the latches were not so tight. But they never stopped latching, I guess I used them harder than most anyone.

I had them on my messenger bike which was a DR650, so at least one was opened around 60 times a day, the right side 1520 got used the most. Nothing else would probably have held up to constant use, those type of cases are tough. I dropped the bike on the right side probably twice, held up great. Maybe these are that durable too.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
So does his bike.... :nerd:

On topic the hinge pins vibrating out don't sound good. Never had any issues with my well worn Pelicans, after a few years the latches were not so tight. But they never stopped latching, I guess I used them harder than most anyone.
Pelicans have a life time warranty tell them your latches are not working and they will send you some new ones. they did with mine.
and Thanks for the back up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum and am absorbing all kinds of info here before I purchase my 650 Wee in the next few months. I see some of you use these as side cases and wondering how you mounted them to the brackets?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts