StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Tutoro Chain Oiler in April 2015 on my Wee and have been very pleased with it. On my first ride this spring I noticed the single nozzle was missing. It appears the short piece of plastic holding the nozzle had gotten brittle with age and the nozzle fell out. Tutoro sells new ends on their site at a reasonable price but I didn't want to wait for shipping from England.

I checked with Richland Rick to see if he had any spare parts (Adventuretech used to be the Tutoro Distributor for the US). He did not have any but suggested looking for parts at a hardware or building supply store. I ran to my local Ace Hardware and purchased a piece of 1/8" hose and a 1/8" Straight Barb Fitting (in the Plumbing area).

I think this will be a great replacement. A quick, cheap and easy fix. If there are any problems with this set up I will post more info.

NOTE: Tutoro has really improved their site in the last couple of years. They added a free downloadable PDF with 48 pages explaining their product, how to install and adjust it, and a trouble shooting guide. Very useful information and is located here.

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/pages/tutoro-auto-workshop-manual

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
OK, so you’re using the barbed fitting as the nozzle, correct? I’ve been trying to find tubing of the correct size to replace the original nozzle. I found some metric tubing online but have to order 50’ of it!
I’m gonna try your approach. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
One more thing – Since I lost my Tutoro nozzle due to the plastic tubing getting brittle with age I decided to check all of the tubing. The tube from the reservoir to the Helix section wasn't cracked but was very stiff so I replaced it.

If your Tutoro Oiler has been in use for a few years you should check the tubing.

1/8" plastic tube seemed to work OK, it's very close to 3mm.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Great idea. I gave up on nozzles and just have the tubing lightly touching the sprocket. Seems to be working, however the bike I'm riding now has shaft drive. :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts