StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so it finally happened. Turning left out of my townhouse complex, stall the bike and next thing I know, I'm lying in the road and the bike is on it's side. Thank god for the Givi crash bars and side case frame, or I'd be looking for some expensive plastic. Laid there for a second to gather what remained of my pride before hauling the beast up and telling the concerned gentleman behind me that I was fine and didn't hurt anything other than my ego:(. Noticed the ball end broke off my clutch lever, and the vultures in Vancouver want $87 for a new one. Anyone found a cheaper price?? Care to share details?? Could use some good news after such an expensive brain-fart moment.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Yeah, so it finally happened. Turning left out of my townhouse complex, stall the bike and next thing I know, I'm lying in the road and the bike is on it's side. Thank god for the Givi crash bars and side case frame, or I'd be looking for some expensive plastic. Laid there for a second to gather what remained of my pride before hauling the beast up and telling the concerned gentleman behind me that I was fine and didn't hurt anything other than my ego:(. Noticed the ball end broke off my clutch lever, and the vultures in Vancouver want $87 for a new one. Anyone found a cheaper price?? Care to share details?? Could use some good news after such an expensive brain-fart moment.
There was a similar post recently about a brake lever. Must be the season. I broke mine a few weeks back.
Anyway, check ebay - that's where I got mine. $16.85

·
Banned
4,051 Posts
dunno about the strom. i like using short 2-finger levers for brake levers.
1) they dont break as easily
2) less risk of grabbing a handful of brake too enthusiastically

i have no idea about the clutch lever, though i have seen some 2 finger ones there as well, mostly on dirt bikes. very useful little things they are...

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
+1. Just smooth off whats left and ride it that way. I did the same thing and rode it that way for months, until I succumbed to the razzing of my riding buddies and ponied up and ordered some E-Bay ones.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just received a clutch lever (P/N 57620-27A31) from Oneida Suzuki (315 363-0916) for $7.99.
Your dealer ($87) should wear a mask.

·
Registered
240 Posts
eBay is the best bet. Numerous stores who sell 'em. I got a stock one from those guys for like 10 bucks, plus shipping. You can even get snazzy carbon fiber ones for only a buck or two more!

Plus you'll get it in a day or two, all in all it's a pretty great option.

·
Registered
988 Posts
eBay is the best bet. Numerous stores who sell 'em. I got a stock one from those guys for like 10 bucks, plus shipping. You can even get snazzy carbon fiber ones for only a buck or two more!

Plus you'll get it in a day or two, all in all it's a pretty great option.
Yup. Did that. But it looks like the carbon fiber is just a paint job on the metal. But, I really don't care, 'cuz they were cheap and work just fine.

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
It fits but has a slightly different bend. It works but will be different then the other one.

my two cents...

Coop
The TL1000, SV1000, Hayabusa, Bandit 1200 will all work on the 1000. I ordered an Emgo clutch lever from Ebay....looks pretty much identical to the OEM. Bend is the same, only a "slight" difference in the finish but it isn't a big deal. Pretty sure it was around $20 delivered. The Iron Pony is down the road for me, I could also just go pick up an aftermarket lever for a BUSA....we know there is plenty of those around.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
My local Yammer dealer got an aftermarket lever for 16/17 bucks. Now I have a shorty spare in the tool box.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
If you find the ball you can glue it back on. I broke mine off & glued it back on with JB Weld about 8 months ago. Still on, so far. Yeah, I'm cheap.:D Was going to leave it off but decided it looked better matching the brake lever.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wherever you get it from, get at least 2 so you have a spare. I carry one under the seat so if I drop the bike and break the clutch lever off, at least I can ride home without any trouble. With the brake lever at least you still have the foot pedal to work with.
The adjustable clutch lever on the 1000 (hydraulic) is one of the things I wish the 650 had. Small hands and Grip Puppies makes a long reach to the friction zone.

·
Registered
343 Posts
(sorry for the diversion)...

Two years ago I did this great trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway, met some wonderful folks... the son was riding a Ducati multi strada and dropped it at speed. Thankfully he was fully dressed in high quality motorcycle specific clothing and was just fine. Also fortunately, the Duc was for the most part in good shape (really great shape considering we were doing 60 or so).

Unfortuneately, he broke both the front brake lever (at the adjuster) and the rear brake pedel (high up). No Duc dealer on the east coast had them in stock for some reason... for him... trip over, trailered home.

Long story short, before my big trip next year, I plan on putting metal bark busters (like acerbis) on my Vee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts