StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant to post this yesterday.. I noticed the small Airman Air Pump (the one the nicely fits under my seat on my Strom) is on sale for a real cheap price.. I think it was $4.99 or so.

This is a nice little unit that works very well.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Glad to hear it works. I picked one up yesterday thinking, " how good can this be at 5 bucks?" But I figured at 5 Bucks even if it got enought air in one tire to get me out of a jam it would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Maybe Fast Enough!

The pumps are available for CDN$5 until Thursday May 24, FastEddie. They are only at Canadian Tire Stores.

No, there are none of those in Sarasota Florida, but I am visiting "The Big Smoke", Toronto Ontario Canada, and there are plenty of Canadian Tire Stores here.

Here is a link to that company:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=1408474396672077&bmUID=1179842282528&bmLocale=

You can easily find the flyer, and find the pump on page 2.

If you see something you need, you may be able to persuade me to get it and send it to you. Give it a try. Remember to figure the postage, via:
http://www.canadapost.ca/segment-e.asp

Keith

·
Registered
188 Posts
I meant to post this yesterday.. I noticed the small Airman Air Pump (the one the nicely fits under my seat on my Strom) is on sale for a real cheap price.. I think it was $4.99 or so.

This is a nice little unit that works very well.

..Tom
I bought the exact same one at 10$ last fall. Should have waited... :mad:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just picked one up. I have a slow leak in my truck's front left, so it was the perfect test victim. The tire was down to 20 PSI when I plugged the pump in. It pumped the tire up to 30 PSI in fairly short order but it took quite a while to get the last 5 PSI in. The pump was quite warm after it was done.

I was a little leery about buying this thing, having had a cheapie pump before that was absolutely garbage. But for for 5 bucks, this one seems to work. It's not the fastest in the pump in the world but it will get the job done.

One comment about the size of the thing. They bottom third or so of the casing is for cord storage. I would have preffered if they hadn't bothered with that. It would have made the pump really compact. It does fit under the seat however.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
One comment about the size of the thing. They bottom third or so of the casing is for cord storage. I would have preffered if they hadn't bothered with that. It would have made the pump really compact. It does fit under the seat however.
Can you cut the bottom 1/3 off with a hacksaw?

I just picked one up. I have a slow leak in my truck's front left, so it was the perfect test victim.
May I suggest you get the tire looked at. A front tire failure can be a disappointing thing. I know, its none of my business but I used to work at Goodyear and I've seen/heard too many times where "it was only leaking slowly" and it became a total failure. Often, it will be something stuck in the tire and the air slowly seeps past it. Then, one day on the highway, the thing comes dislodged from the tire, leaves a nice, clear airway and the tire goes flat before you know what's happened.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Air Pump availability - lower mainland.

The Cambie street store *appears* to be sold out (although their computer shows they have stock left - it might be in a bin somewhere else in the store, like Kingsway.)

I rode up to Kingsway at lunch and they still had bucketfuls of the little compressors left, although the shelf stock is sold out, there is a bin 3/4ths full on the aisle by rows 35 & 36. (The footwear / camping gear area.)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Can you cut the bottom 1/3 off with a hacksaw?
You probably could. Somewhere on this site is a link to a mini version of the same pump. Basically it is the pump without its case.
I personally find that the cord storage keeps it nice and tidy and it fits easily behind my tool case under the seat.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was still a good deal at the $9.99 I paid for last fall...I think regular price was $23.95 or so.

The best deal I ever had from Canadian Tire was on a cheapy electric screwdriver. I use them at work to put on license plates (My right wrist has bad arthirtis from being broken snowboarding about 6 or 7 years ago.)

The normal list price was $19.99. At that price at the time it was worth that amount so I went into the store to buy one. When I got to the store the flyer said the screwdriver was on sale for $9.99. I thought that was a pretty good price. Then I got to the aisle and there was a rebate coupon for the unit for $10.00. I asked if that was what brought the price from $19.99 to $9.99. They said no, the rebate was a separate deal.

So I bought one for $9.99 plus Taxes, filed for the rebate and got $10.00 back. It cost me -$0.01 plus $1.50 in taxes.

I thought *that* was a good deal!

..Tom

I bought the exact same one at 10$ last fall. Should have waited... :mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok Kids I was off today so I picked up the pump and a power outlet with clips for the battery and the walked out of Crappy Tire $12 bucks CDN lighter. but what a deal.I love that place.Now What to do with 25 cents in Crappy tire money????????

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok Kids I was off today so I picked up the pump and a power outlet with clips for the battery and the walked out of Crappy Tire $12 bucks CDN lighter. but what a deal.I love that place.Now What to do with 25 cents in Crappy tire money????????
That's how the Canadian Tire fondation lives... I always put it there. :rolleyes:

So I bought one for $9.99 plus Taxes, filed for the rebate and got $10.00 back. It cost me -$0.01 plus $1.50 in taxes.

I thought *that* was a good deal!

..Tom
Indeed, a good deal... :lol: Sometimes, i wonder how they make money. Almost everything i buy from them is half priced or better... :confused:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I just picked one up. I have a slow leak in my truck's front left, so it was the perfect test victim. The tire was down to 20 PSI when I plugged the pump in. It pumped the tire up to 30 PSI in fairly short order but it took quite a while to get the last 5 PSI in. The pump was quite warm after it was done.
If you read the little fine print on the bottom of the pump it has a 50% duty cycle, 10 min on 10 min off for cooling. You probably gave the poor little guy a workout pumpin up your truck tire.:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you read the little fine print on the bottom of the pump it has a 50% duty cycle, 10 min on 10 min off for cooling. You probably gave the poor little guy a workout pumpin up your truck tire.:D
I did read the fine print. I ran it for about 6 or 7 minutes max. I said it was slow because my pancake compressor just fills the tire in no time.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Cdn Tire Pump

I have that unit - had it for about 3 years now and used it maybe a dozen times for various things. Was $10 at the time but a good unit and stows nicely under the seat, in a little camera case I got at Dollarama for $1. CDa Tire, Dollarama and Tim Hortons - what a great country!

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
I've pumped up air mattresses and inner tubes and a tire or two with mine. It still works, but it does get warm after 20 minutes or so. If it ever calves, I'll buy another.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts