StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: as of 11:07am on August 06, 2013 there are 8 sets of bars left.

I did this once before about 3 years ago and it was a popular promotion. We are liquidating a lot of SW-MOTECH Crashbars (2012-13 DL650) for $149.99

Due to a factory packing error we received a shipment of SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards for the 2012 & 2013 DL650 V-Strom with scratches, chips, and rub marks on the powder coated finish. The structural integrity of these bars is not being called into question. Not even a little bit.

Here is a link to the "DAMAGED" BARS if you would rather the regularly priced bars that have a guaranteed, perfect finish follow THIS LINK

The last time we did this the discount was 20%. This time around we are going even deeper with the discount. This time it is about 28%! That is a third off.

Your bars will have some sort of marring on them. Here is a sample shot. This represents the average damage. In many cases the rubbing will not even be rubbed down to the bare metal underneath. In some cases it may be worse. Think of it like a lottery.

On these bars all sales are final for finish issues. Warranty claims for structural defects will be considered for returns.

Direct link: SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards (Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, '12-) - TwistedThrottle.com

Kevin

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased a set of the "damaged" bars.. And I installed them and I had to search to find the defect.. My buddy could not find it at all.. Thank you twisted throttle... No matter I purchased these to use... And they have been twice in the last week... "Off road in the Rockies". So what I've done to them trumps a shipping paint rub...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased a set of the "damaged" bars.. And I installed them and I had to search to find the defect.. My buddy could not find it at all.. Thank you twisted throttle... No matter I purchased these to use... And they have been twice in the last week... "Off road in the Rockies". So what I've done to them trumps a shipping paint rub...
We're glad you are satisfied with the "damage". When I put up this thread I almost called it the "Crashbar Lotery". Since I didn't inspect the crashbars myself I wasn't sure how bad they were. This is good news.

Anybody who bought these want to post pictures of the damage?

Kev

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought these crashbars expecting to get instant "off-road cred " from the alleged damage they were supposed to have. I feel ripped off, they were hardly damaged at all! :furious:

As you can see, I can't lay claim to any serious off road shenanigans with bars as nice as these.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been thinking about getting these for a while. I finally pulled the trigger today. I post pics of the "damage" when I get them on. My bike is already scratched up, so maybe these will match :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought these crashbars expecting to get instant "off-road cred " from the alleged damage they were supposed to have. I feel ripped off, they were hardly damaged at all! :furious:

As you can see, I can't lay claim to any serious off road shenanigans with bars as nice as these.
Sorry T.

If you want to drop the bike off we would be happy to improve the off-road "look" of your Strom for you....

Kev

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not too bad. How did the install go?

Kev
Install was super easy. I think it took longer to unwrap the bubble wrap than install :biggrinjester:

Seriously, I think it took me 30 minutes from starting to open the package to putting tools away after install. Everything went very well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great Deal - Very Happy with purchase

I was originally going to purchase GIVI bars, solely based on price. Then I saw this deal. Not there is anything wrong with the GIVIs, but I would have preferred the SW-Motechs. The damage was very minimal and was limited to the inside of the bars where it cannot be seen (see pic). I buffed out the roughness and hit it with a spray of clear-coat. The install was straight forward. The whole process, unboxing to installed was less than 30 minutes.

p.s The Twisted Throttle customer service was great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts