StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever used this option?

Here's a thought. When I owned my Victory cruiser, I was part of an enthusiasts group much like this one. We "met" online once a week @ 6:00 to chat about the bikes, trips, issues, etc. It was quite successful and many things were able to be discussed without having to post and wait for a response; it also brought more comradre among the community.

Would this group be interested in doing something similar?

-David

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! I'm surprised no one is at least remotely interested! :?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also participate in a Suzuki Burgman forum - it uses this same software, and has about 400 members. They have tried to get a couple of scheduled chat sessions going, but I don't think the turnout was that good. One problem, I think, was that the sessions were scheduled for Saturday or Sunday. A lot of folks have family stuff going on during the weekend - and if the weather is OK, we'd rather go ride than chat.

Maybe try for a weekday evening? Even if only 3 or 4 people show up it still might be interesting.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pauljo,

Yes, a weekday evening would be the best, I think. Problem is finding a good time to accomodate the time zones. For those interested, it would be good to know the best time(s) available. I'm thinking around 6:00 Eastern.
What works best for everyone?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd probably suggest more like 9 pm east coast. 6 pm east coast is only 3 pm on the west coast...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pauljo said:
I'd probably suggest more like 9 pm east coast. 6 pm east coast is only 3 pm on the west coast...
Oops! You're right, Pauljo....that's what I was thinking. 9pm east coast to accomodate those of us on the Left coast. :oops:

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
count me in also.......say when?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, how about 9 P.M. east coast (6 P.M. on the left) on Monday.
We can talk about the weekend ride. :wink:

I'm open to other suggestions and generally free after 5 P.M. weekdays. How's that work for everyone?

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
1800 on Mondays - Pacific coast time... Works for me!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howboucha Guys!

I am glad you are doing this. When I set it up a few of us chatted but that was about it.

I would like to join, but my radio show wraps up at 8:30 p.m. Wait, I need to do the math. I think I can make it!

I do suggest trying it out first so that you get the learning pains of the chat worked out. If I recall, you may have to set up a new account for it.

Brendan

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a reminder.
Tonight 9 Eastern/ 6 Pacific we're gonna get together. :wink:

Hopefully, we'll have a good turn out and make this a weekly habit. 8)

See you then,
-David

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry i missed the first week had to work late. Hope next week i'll be home on time

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was there for a while. It could get to be real fun with a few more guys. Give it a try.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pauljo said:
Nobody in chat tonight? It's empty over there.... :(
Sorry. Got here late again. :( Had a conference out of town. :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts