StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed down to Key West for Project Site Visit for a day and was considering 'Stromming it to the airport. I've been there often enough but never noticed any motorcycles.

Does anybody know if there is moto-specific parking at the airport?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm headed down to Key West for Project Site Visit for a day and was considering 'Stromming it to the airport. I've been there often enough but never noticed any motorcycles.

Does anybody know if there is moto-specific parking at the airport?

I would not leave my Vee out there in any of the remote lots. I can't remember ever seeing any motorcycle only parking spaces either. Here is a link to the parking map.

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Airport/Parking/Parking+Map.htm

I hope this helps.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I parked in the Daily Parking Tower and got back at midnight and the bike was still there. The gates worked and it was a beautiful thing.

I didn't get totally drenched until I was 20 miles from home.

I'll have another chance in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey, I parked in the Daily Parking Tower and got back at midnight and the bike was still there. The gates worked and it was a beautiful thing.

I didn't get totally drenched until I was 20 miles from home.

I'll have another chance in a couple of weeks.
Im glad that you and the Strom made it okay. The daily parking deck is the only place I would leave the Strom. It's watched 24/7 by video and security patrols. The remote lots are not nearly as well watch. Plus Little Rock Rd and Old Dowd Rd is not best part of Meck County.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. T.,

I might be doing a repeat in a couple of weeks, for a few days. Riding home 120 miles on a motorcycle is a great way to decompress from what passes for air travel these days.

This time with fresh rubber and chainset.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mr. T.,

I might be doing a repeat in a couple of weeks, for a few days. Riding home 120 miles on a motorcycle is a great way to decompress from what passes for air travel these days.

This time with fresh rubber and chainset.
That sounds like a good plan. :cool: The best part of a plane ride is when you are walking off of the plane. I hate being stuck in a seat for hours on end. It really drives me to the edge of insanity.

In July I am plaining a ride and camping trip in the BRP. It's time to put some miles on the Vee instead of just commuting in the Charlotte Traffic.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. T,

Please give me a holler when you head out this way.

If I can tear away from my daily responsibilties, I could show you some fun roads and such.

Norm

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mr. T,

Please give me a holler when you head out this way.

If I can tear away from my daily responsibilties, I could show you some fun roads and such.

Norm
Sounds like it will be fun. I look to be going through there on July 11th or 12th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts