StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like every time I log on there is someone else from this area getting a V-Strom.
We should meet up some time this spring for a local ride or do a mountain meet and greet. (or even get together at the Eastern Gathering)
What y'all think?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Im in, wait for a nice day, ride up to the dragon or something.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I'm talkin about!
Should we plan a long route or just book it to Deals Gap?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
That is exactly what I'm talkin about!
Should we plan a long route or just book it to Deals Gap?
I want to stay off the highways until its broke in, no long droning on the slab, with this crazy weather and work schedules I have had the bike over a month and only have 500 miles on it. That is sacrelige for me. It should be over 2k by now.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to stay off the highways until its broke in, no long droning on the slab, with this crazy weather and work schedules I have had the bike over a month and only have 500 miles on it. That is sacrelige for me. It should be over 2k by now.
Can't hardly blame you for that the way the weather has been.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got home from work and Tina wants to make a spontanious trip to Cherokee. Taking the Vee! Maybe I'll win this time!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Got home from work and Tina wants to make a spontanious trip to Cherokee. Taking the Vee! Maybe I'll win this time!
Enjoy! Im going back to work..:headbang:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself as a new Union County v-strom rider. If you guys ever do some weekend riding and don't mind another in the pack let me know. I recently left my VTX 1300 and have exactly 3 miles on my new DL1000. Looking forward to getting out there!

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself as a new Union County v-strom rider. If you guys ever do some weekend riding and don't mind another in the pack let me know. I recently left my VTX 1300 and have exactly 3 miles on my new DL1000. Looking forward to getting out there!

Regards,
Mike
We all need to get together for some riding. Im in Matthews.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm at hwy 84 and Rocky River Rd. I'm sure we can plan a ride soon.

We just got home from the mountains. I didn't expect to ride on Satudray due to the forcast but the weather was good and we were able to find our way to Deals Gap for lunch. Not many bikes were there but there were a few sports cars. Had a great ride and saw a silver Strom on hwy 28 on our way there. Here are some pics.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Had a great ride and saw a silver Strom on hwy 28 on our way there. Here are some pics.
Date, time and location?

Might have been me.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Date, time and location?

Might have been me.
It was yesterday maybe 2 pm. Trying to remember if it was on 74 or 28. Riding with another bike. Who ever it was waved back.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
It was yesterday maybe 2 pm. Trying to remember if it was on 74 or 28. Riding with another bike. Who ever it was waved back.
Nope.

I did see a V-Strom with a group of HD's earlier in the day.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Regards,
Mike
Hey Mike...
Stay in touch. I'll PM you my # if you ever need to discuss the bike or want to ride. We are pretty much on the move every weekend either going to the mountains or to Lake Tillery. I'll try to let y'all know when we are headed up-hill. Our next trip will be March 14-16. We will ride the bike if weather permits and will be staying at Harrahs in Cherokee with some friends.
On the same token let me know if y'all plan any rides and if we can make it we will. Check your in box.
Rob

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just brought home a 2013 650 a few weeks ago. I'm around Pineville/Ballantyne. Hope to see some of you soon.

Bernard

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just brought home a 2013 650 a few weeks ago. I'm around Pineville/Ballantyne. Hope to see some of you soon.

Bernard
Sounds great!

How about posting some pics of your bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not far from Charlotte, 3 minute walk if you ride your bike. Ill be traveling to Savannah this weekend and Atlanta the next 2 weekends. In April ill be open to do riding. maybe the 5 and or 6. let me know where you want to go.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure what I'll be doing that weekend. I'll definately let y'all know!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm right near you guys as well. I'm right near the Rea/Providence intersection. I went up to Morrow mountain last weekend. Put the first 225 miles on my bike!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm right near you guys as well. I'm right near the Rea/Providence intersection. I went up to Morrow mountain last weekend. Put the first 225 miles on my bike!
I used to live in Lockhaven.
We have a lot and camper on Tillery and ride that area quite often. More deer in that area than I have ever encountered riding.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts