StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2012 650 in Connecticut and have not had to use a dealer since I moved to Tega Cay, SC. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the area?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Bought my 2012 650 in Connecticut and have not had to use a dealer since I moved to Tega Cay, SC. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the area?
I posted in your other thread but no, there are none locally except in Monroe, I'm in Matthews, The one I still need to check out is Iron Horse cycle in Monroe. It's a family run place with some long term mechanics. I still need to talk with them but they are the only ones I can find with positive reviews. I found lots of bad reviews for the others and after talking with them confirmed mu suspicions. I'm doing mine myself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to Susan at Iron Horse service dept. and set up an appt. for Mar 2. I'll be dropping the bike off and will post how it went once I get the bike back.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I talked to Susan at Iron Horse service dept. and set up an appt. for Mar 2. I'll be dropping the bike off and will post how it went once I get the bike back.
Thanks, they seem to have it together back in the service area, let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
JPcoder had something else going on with his bike, last I heard they were putting it back together. I am standing down on this recall. When I have to go into the motor for something then I will use it as a get out of labor charge free card. Mine runs to good to mess with it now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my bike back after 6 weeks. The dealership had to wait for the Suzuki rep to see it and then for the cylinder head from Japan. They think that the valve seats for the front cylinder were incorrectly installed. Iron Horse did a great job, the work is good, bike runs much better.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Got my bike back after 6 weeks. The dealership had to wait for the Suzuki rep to see it and then for the cylinder head from Japan. They think that the valve seats for the front cylinder were incorrectly installed. Iron Horse did a great job, the work is good, bike runs much better.
Glad you got it back and all is good. Just in time for nice weather, we are close, maybe a ride in the future.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I know all the folks at Iron Horse and they did my recall a few weeks ago. Good people!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts