StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
There's really only 2 parts that are painted. the tank and the front beak.

I haven't priced it but I'm guessing the tank isn't cheap

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
My Wee went from black to desert tan by way of Rust-o-leum tan. One can of priner and 1 can of paint was enough.Less than 15 bucks
I didn't sand between coats so the finish is a bit rough but other bikes I've done rattle can turned out well.
Whadaya want for an hour's worth of work?
Downs did his bike tan too, also.
Color-rite may have that color now.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Interesting...I assumed the Desert Khaki was not popular at all when I got mine, as the identical model in red was $800 more at that dealer. Before I got mine I wasn't crazy about the tan, but saw one on the interstate one day and just seeing it like that, I thought it looked pretty good, definitely not a color you see often. I've really come to like mine, especially after painting the rear rack and tank trim pieces black, and putting on matching tan reflective wheel rim stripes. It's a long shot, but someone that wanted to go tan might find someone on here with a tan that would swap tank and beak for their color.

Attachments

Reactions: DaveinNC

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love the tan and my dealer said he knew guys that would pay to swap
don't know how true that is but I may try

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm loving my Khaki (tan) bike also! It was the only color they had on the floor, but if they would have other colors I would have chosen the Khaki. I live on a dirt road, ride back roads and it does not show dirt.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I wanted the tan bike, but couldn't get a decent deal from the dealer that had it. I got a good deal on the red one from another dealer. My friend liked mine so much, he bought the tan one I looked at.

I actually wanted the red one and went to the dealer trying to purchase that when all they had was the khaki one in stock. I'm not a fan of that color and since I couldn't get the 2015 in red I went with the black. Maybe your friend will swap fairings with you if he's a fan of red...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Khaki Vees unite!

There's really only 2 parts that are painted. the tank and the front beak.

I haven't priced it but I'm guessing the tank isn't cheap
Don't forget the sexy tan seat!

Reactions: Toto

·
Registered
754 Posts
how do you like it?
i think i will be ordering one soon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
yep, i like the tan, too, after NOT liking it when i first saw it.

as to painting yerz, house paint and a broom oughta do, dontchya think?

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
"house paint and a broom"

That's close to how we painted Deuce and a half in the Army. We'd make 'em shiny by rubbing them down with diesel fuel.
Poor soldiers detailing.

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
Nah, bunky, it was at Flak Kaserne in 1967. North of Stuttgart in Ludwigsburg. I got to see the Porche factory while there though.
I googled the place and it's falling apart like all the fine soldiers that served there.
Time marches on and we fade into the past.
A great experience though.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
521 Posts
A dealer near me called Troy City Garage has a new Desert Tan DL1000 for $7999.00 in stock. I just bought a bike from them this month and they are simple to deal with.

Remember when swapping colors the seat on the desert tan is also tan (not gray).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts