StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was intimidated at the thought of changing the spark plugs, but it was really, really easy. Even the dreaded front-center plug wasn't a big deal at all. I tied the radiator out of the way with a bungee cord. I didn't even have to take the cowlings off.

My plugs were a little brown, and had what looked like oil on them. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you mean wet with oil on the white insulator part:eek:hmy: (actual oil, sticky & viscous) then you have a problem. Are you sure it was not just fuel from recent start up, rich idle, shutdown. The fuel sort of fouls the cold plug with a wet dark appearance. If your plugs are showing the light brown colour, it sounds like they and the engine are OK. If you mean oil on the thread part, yes that can be normal. I suggest you take er out for a ride that is long enough to show two or three bars on the temp gauge, and then check your plugs. Bob...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean wet with oil on the white insulator part:eek:hmy: (actual oil, sticky & viscous) then you have a problem. Are you sure it was not just fuel from recent start up, rich idle, shutdown. The fuel sort of fouls the cold plug with a wet dark appearance. If your plugs are showing the light brown colour, it sounds like they and the engine are OK. If you mean oil on the thread part, yes that can be normal. I suggest you take er out for a ride that is long enough to show two or three bars on the temp gauge, and then check your plugs. Bob...
They were wet on the threaded part only. I think it was just fuel on there. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts