StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a lead on what sounds like a nice DL650. Only problem is I'm not too fond of the '04 blue (no offense to you blue Wee's out there:cool:). So, I was wondering how difficult you all think it will be to find black plastics and a tank for it and how much $$$ it might set me back? The price is good enough on the bike that it may be worth it.

Only problem is, then I have to sell the blue plastics.;) Too bad I can't take the blue off my blue '02 DL1000. Oh yeah, I still need to sell that bike before I can buy another. D'oh! Anyway, any input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Brandon,

To the best of my knowledge, the plastics, other than stickers, are the same between the bikes. Why not simply just exchange the plastic between the two?

Another way would be to paint it or have it painted.

Marty

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Brandon,

To the best of my knowledge, the plastics, other than stickers, are the same between the bikes. Why not simply just exchange the plastic between the two?

Another way would be to paint it or have it painted.

Marty
Agreed, I would think you could swap the plastics and tank from the DL1000 that you have, and then you'd have two very unique bikes. A dark blue wee and a royal blue Vee!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The side cowlings are different between the two models. The 1000 has a lower radiator mounting hole and a rear vent.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You're absolutely right, I never noticed that before. Nevermind what I said.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've noticed that about the cowlings. Even so, I was thinking I'd have a harder time selling the 1000 with those plastics. Keep the ideas coming.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Why not get them painted? Not only could you get whatever custom paint you want, but you won't have to deal with finding, buying, shipping, and installing new Tupperware. There should be a paint shop in your area; if you can't find one, the parts guy at the bike dealership should be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Dude painting is gonna be WAY cheaper than new plastic. The side cowlings are close to $400/ea alone. You could probably get the whole bike painted, in whatever color you like, for the cost of one or two body panels.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The new parts required with good prices from Oneida Suzuki would be $998.95

94402-27G00-YAY RH cowling black $124.99
94403-27G00-YAY LH cowling black $124.99
44110-06G00-YAY Fuel Tank black $540.99
45501-27G00-YAY COVER ASSY, SEAT TAIL RH black $103.99
45502-27G00-YAY COVER ASSY, SEAT TAIL LH black $103.99

1 - 9 of 9 Posts