StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
#motoref
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody changed one? Any tips on removing that top bulb?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just looking at the placement of the globes and owning a Taxi for many years with similar setup its not that difficult, be aware don't touch the actual globes as grease of your fingers will cause them to fail prematurely.

·
#motoref
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking at the placement of the globes and owning a Taxi for many years with similar setup its not that difficult, be aware don't touch the actual globes as grease of your fingers will cause them to fail prematurely.
Looks like you have an older model. 2017 is different.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
If its similar to the V2 then you need to remove the instrument panel, 2 screws and 2 push rivets. Then carefully pry them apart. They are held by plastic clips along the top. Then disconnect the instrument connector and the electrical outlet connector. Then it's obvious and right in front of you.

·
#motoref
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its similar to the V2 then you need to remove the instrument panel, 2 screws and 2 push rivets. Then carefully pry them apart. They are held by plastic clips along the top. Then disconnect the instrument connector and the electrical outlet connector. Then it's obvious and right in front of you.
Similar.

You have to pull the panel, which takes a couple more steps. Not hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Before you remove the dashboard, you need to remove the trims that are attached to the dashboard. More screws and more small pieces to remove!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just did this. you have to remove the 2 colored panels that join to form the "beak".. Look at Dr. Vstrom's video on how to remove the fuel tank on Gen 3 Vstrom 650. Once you remove the 4 fasteners on the under side of the beak panels, you have to slide them forward to detach them, then you can remove the plastic pop rivets around the instrument panel, then you remove the instrument panel to access the H7 low beam bulb. I replaced mine with an LED bulb so hopefully, I won't have to do this again. It's not hard to do, but not as easy as replacing the H9 high beam bulb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to change out my low beam headlight h7.
I would love to go with an LED.
Are they easy to install? Which one do you recommend?

TIA

Cole

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
blaustrom beat me to it. We have a 10+ page going on this topic:

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014-2016/423483-plug-play-h7-led-bulb.html

Since the 2017+ 650 and 1000 have similar fairings it probably applies. Hopefully Suzuki decided to put the flash relay in a more accessible spot than the 1000. It's a job and a PITA to replace.

I am VERY happy with the LED lights I installed. The output increase is significant. The power savings is a great benefit, especially on the limited power output of the 650. If you're going to run heated gear it's a must.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts