StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Pazzo levers for my new 'Strom, but they (Pazzo) do not know if the levers from the 2016 are the same as the 2018. Anyone know if this is the case, are they the same? I've had Pazzo levers on my last two bikes and absolutely love them.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You might want to take a look at Puig 1.0 Brake Lever Kit | MotoSport

The Chinese levers are less expensive and do the same job with excellent quality as long as they fit. The motosport site looks to do a proper job with fitment.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to take a look at Puig 1.0 Brake Lever Kit | MotoSport

The Chinese levers are less expensive and do the same job with excellent quality as long as they fit. The motosport site looks to do a proper job with fitment.
I would prefer spending a little bit more knowing that I am getting a Canadian made product, where the people making the product are paid appropriately, with a good quality of life. Nothing against China, but I prefer buying anything not from there. It is getting more difficult, but I will always try to source Canadian made first, failing that, U.S.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had chinese levers on my DL1000 2014 and after 3 years of use, I took them off, sold the bike, got '18 DL1000 few weeks ago and put the same levers on. They fit no problem, I just had to adjust clutch lever switch a bit, 1mm, by listening the "click" in any of adjusting positions on the lever. They are perfect fit.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I want to get Pazzo levers for my new 'Strom, but they (Pazzo) do not know if the levers from the 2016 are the same as the 2018. Anyone know if this is the case, are they the same? I've had Pazzo levers on my last two bikes and absolutely love them.

The levers should be the same, just make sure you can return them if you need too. I had a 2014 and now a 2018 and they appear identical.

Let us know what you think! i've been considering a set. Where are you ordering them from? direct?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The levers should be the same, just make sure you can return them if you need too. I had a 2014 and now a 2018 and they appear identical.

Let us know what you think! i've been considering a set. Where are you ordering them from? direct?
Yes, direct. This will be my third set, for three different bikes. These levers are awesome, IMHO.:grin2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: new Pazzo levers are installed. The levers for the 2016 V-Strom 1000 are a direct fit for the 2018 V-Strom 1000. In the event anyone else wants to do this upgrade.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
" Canadian made first,"

Why does that sound familiar?:surprise:

I see the Puig levers also have a pivoting handle besides being adjustable throw. That makes them les susceptible to breakage in a fall down?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Update: new Pazzo levers are installed. The levers for the 2016 V-Strom 1000 are a direct fit for the 2018 V-Strom 1000. In the event anyone else wants to do this upgrade.
what are you initial thoughts of the levers? I might have to drop some hints to my wife that they should be in my stocking haha

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what are you initial thoughts of the levers? I might have to drop some hints to my wife that they should be in my stocking haha
This is the third set of Pazzo's I've bought, for three separate bikes. This is the first short set I've purchased. I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet, but sitting on the bike and manipulating the controls; they felt awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2018 650 and would like to change the levers due to small hands. What are the Chinese ones you are talking about? I have had the Pazzo on my Honda 919 and do like them, but am not against spending a little less if they are comparable quality.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There are many different sources of levers. I had a set from Ride-It Moto for example. Adjustable Custom Levers - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

The tricky part is getting the right lever. All the ones I've seen look to be made well but the job of figuring out what lever goes with what bike model and year may not have been done as well as it could have. A lot of pics have gone away due to the the changes in Photobucket but this is the first thread I read that convinced me to give them a try. Good deal on levers from china

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The only issue, well, not the only but, the major consideration for me is quality. Not that everything from China is garbage, however the off market stuff is kind of iffy IMHO. I use Pazzo's because they are made in Canada, are made by a well respected company that specializes in making levers for Pro race bikes. Last thing; I do not want a lever that is a copy of a copy of a copy, that could fall apart while I am riding. Not saying that will happen, it probably would never. This of course is my opinion. Not saying I am right, but for me this works well. Oh, and the Pazzo's fit the 2018 V-Strom 1000

1 - 13 of 13 Posts