StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a sale listing for 2004 Wee-Strom in my area. Have there been a lot of changes to the model since 2004?
ie I'm guessing it does not have ABS, but what are the other changes since 2004?
Any other changes? Anything I should look for? I'm in Canada....
Thanks...CowtownBB

P.S first post, but I've been lurking and reading for a while, just could not find an answer in the threads, went back a year or so...

·
Registered
428 Posts
2008 Changes
Probable increase in stator output, supported by different part $'s on fiche
Rumored 2-5HP increase

2007 Changes
Optional ABS (anti-lock braking)
Wheelbase increased from 60.6 in (1539 mm) to 61.2 in (1554 mm) with an increase in the swingarm length by .597 in (15 mm)
Dual sparkplugs at each cylinder, for increased combustion efficiency and improved emissions.
Revised underseat tray to accommodate ABS
Graduated Chevron Tank Graphic (previously, Lightning Bolt)
New rubber boot protectors at swingarm pivot
The hazard switch was moved outboard of the Hi-Lo beam switch and changed from a rocker to a button
The kill switch is larger and the starter button is a larger sprung rocker switch instead of a button.
Luggage rack revised from silver to black.
Deletion of idle adjustment screw (requiring special tooling for throttle body synchronization).
Dry weight increases from 418 lb (190 kg) to 427 lb (194 kg)

[edit] 2005 Changes
Frame & swingarm changed to Black, Silver before. Lightning Bolt tank graphic added. Headlight interrupt when starting added.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
Seems like a lot of cosmetic changes, other than the change in wheel base.
Since this is my first bike, I won't notice it is 10 lbs lighter than a new one, or changes in graphics, colours, etc.
Thanks again for the reply, I hope to buy it tomorrow. (Not even sure what to look for...so unless it shows up with a monster dent&scratch, or a lot of blue smoke at 5000rpm, I'll be giving him a cheque...OMG!)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greywolf, thanks for the link to other info, a site I hadn't found yet.

FYI I did buy the bike. 2004 WeeStrom, blue. My first bike. I'm ecstatic. Cheers to all in this community for selling me on the virtues of the Strom.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I have a blue 2004. Bought used in Sept '07 with 17,000 miles. I now have 24,000 trouble-free miles on it. I went on a 670-mile day trip 2 weeks ago and am going on an 800 mile 3-day trip this weekend. With the exception of maintenance - oil, filters, tires, rear brake pads, and a battery, all my motorcycle budget has been spent on farkles - haven't had to fix anything! If you get the impression that I like this bike, you would be correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts