StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently discovered a few changes to our local Suzuki dealerships.

One, Freedom Powersports in Kennesaw, GA is no longer a Suzuki dealer. I raised the question on their Facebook page but they have not responded as to why. Seemed like the new owners really only wanted to push Triumph and Victory. Sad that this leaves a hole since they were considered a good dealership. Motions is an alternative in Marietta but have only heard horror stories about their service.

Second, looks like Suzuki of Bartow in Cartersville, GA was bought out by Bartow Powersports also in Cartersville. The new dealer is a Yamaha Kawasaki shop and nothing on their website indicates that they are picking up the Suzuki brand.

Overall, seems like the lack of new product is hurting the Suzuki dealer network. So what's your opinion on the best Suzuki dealer in town and will they weather the lack of 2010 model storm.

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
23 Posts
Suzuki of Bartow County has merged with Bartow Powersports. All of the Suzuki, Arctic Cat and Kymco inventory has been moved to Bartow Powersports location(exit 288 on I 75). I have moved to Bartow Powersports, also. It's great to have Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha under one roof. The showroom is full of motorcycles. Chris.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Suzuki of Bartow County has merged with Bartow Powersports. All of the Suzuki, Arctic Cat and Kymco inventory has been moved to Bartow Powersports location(exit 288 on I 75). I have moved to Bartow Powersports, also. It's great to have Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha under one roof. The showroom is full of motorcycles. Chris.
Hey Chris ! ! !

Good to hear you are there. I'll stop by and see the place one weekend soon.

Later...
Brent

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris,

Thank you for the clarification. Will make it a point to stop by and check out the shop.

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cherokee Suzuki in Canton is a good alternative. I bought my Wee there for a very reasonable amount and the sales staff was very easy to work with.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does that mean they're under different ownership/management? It would be a real shame, because when I bought my Wee they were very easy to deal with. I asked them what the OTD price would be and they asked me what county I lived in, looked up the sales tax, and added it to their low price and gave me the total. I walked in there six months later and they gave me the same exact price, so I went ahead and ordered my bike. (They didn't have any 2008s in stock yet.)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Subicon,

I'm sure bluebye will correct me is I “miss speak” but I believe the following link might clear this up for you;

http://www.sobcr.com/

I know that bluebye worked at the Cherokee Suzuki in Canton and is now going to be with CycleNation. For all you local folks this is great news if you want to use CycleNation for your service or anything else related to your Vstrom. Bluebye owns a Vstrom and knows how they work from inside to out. He has put thousands of miles including a three or four month trip to Alaska a year or so ago. I don't remember how I ran into him but once I found out he worked at a dealer I started using them for my service and bluebye has always made sure things were done right on my bike. Not to mention he's a world of knowledge regarding anything “Vstrom”. He's a great guy and you will love talking with him about his travles.

By the way, and I hope Chris doesn't mind, but if you stop by CycleNation you might need to ask for Chris because I'm not sure they will know the name bluebye. Also, I noticed on the CycleNation web site they are having a Chili Cook Off with free hot dogs and a sale going on Saturday, February 20th and that might be a good time to check the place out. My schedule is always changing but I'm going to try to make it there for the hot dogs and hopfully check out the new Honda NT700 just because I've not seen it yet.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: ??? OK bluebye you need to clear this up for me please. After looking back over you previous post one post states Suzuki of Bartow has merged with Bartow Powersports and you have moved with them. Another one of your post states Cherokee Suzuki of Canton has moved to CycleNation location.

Help! Where did you end up?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I never used them for service as they are just too far away, but I know that their sales staff was easy to work with. I hope Cycle Nation is just as good.

As far as service goes, I really do like Suzuki/Polaris of Lawrenceville. Very good prices and customer service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Chris, did David Martinez go over to Bartow Motorsports from Bartow Suzuki? I think he's the guy that worked on my Vstrom a little over a year ago and he did a good job on my TBS, fluid change and clutch adjstmnt.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here in Central Florida all of the Ride Now Suzuki dealers jumped ship and are gone from both Seminole and Orange counties. If you want to put eyes on an actual Suzuki you will have to make a drive to do it. :yikes:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here in Central Florida all of the Ride Now Suzuki dealers jumped ship and are gone from both Seminole and Orange counties. If you want to put eyes on an actual Suzuki you will have to make a drive to do it. :yikes:
That's a shame. Does this mean that the to 2 major counties for Orlando have no Suzuki dealerships. Going to be a tough market for Suzuki with decreasing dealers, especially when brands like BMW and Triumph are adding dealers.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Subicon,

I'm sure bluebye will correct me is I “miss speak” but I believe the following link might clear this up for you;

http://www.sobcr.com/

I know that bluebye worked at the Cherokee Suzuki in Canton and is now going to be with CycleNation. For all you local folks this is great news if you want to use CycleNation for your service or anything else related to your Vstrom. Bluebye owns a Vstrom and knows how they work from inside to out. He has put thousands of miles including a three or four month trip to Alaska a year or so ago. I don't remember how I ran into him but once I found out he worked at a dealer I started using them for my service and bluebye has always made sure things were done right on my bike. Not to mention he's a world of knowledge regarding anything “Vstrom”. He's a great guy and you will love talking with him about his travles.

By the way, and I hope Chris doesn't mind, but if you stop by CycleNation you might need to ask for Chris because I'm not sure they will know the name bluebye. Also, I noticed on the CycleNation web site they are having a Chili Cook Off with free hot dogs and a sale going on Saturday, February 20th and that might be a good time to check the place out. My schedule is always changing but I'm going to try to make it there for the hot dogs and hopfully check out the new Honda NT700 just because I've not seen it yet.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: ??? OK bluebye you need to clear this up for me please. After looking back over you previous post one post states Suzuki of Bartow has merged with Bartow Powersports and you have moved with them. Another one of your post states Cherokee Suzuki of Canton has moved to CycleNation location.

Help! Where did you end up?
Sorry I missed this thread and hope to clear it up. Hi Brett, hope you are doing good and thanks for the kind words. I was at Suzuki of Bartow for many years and the company has merged with Bartow Powersports (in Cartersville), I moved over there in Feburary, and it is a good shop with great facilities and competant personell. Cherokee Suzuki ( Laura anns place ) in Canton was bought out by ARS and moved to Cyclenation some time ago. Travman, good to see you in the store the other day. Sorry I didn't have more time with you, it's a busy shop and thats a good thing. Ya'll come by for a hot dog (everyone) Saturday, we will chew the fat. Happy trails, Chris.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I missed this thread and hope to clear it up. Hi Brett, hope you are doing good and thanks for the kind words. I was at Suzuki of Bartow for many years and the company has merged with Bartow Powersports (in Cartersville), I moved over there in Feburary, and it is a good shop with great facilities and competant personell. Cherokee Suzuki ( Laura anns place ) in Canton was bought out by ARS and moved to Cyclenation some time ago. Travman, good to see you in the store the other day. Sorry I didn't have more time with you, it's a busy shop and thats a good thing. Ya'll come by for a hot dog (everyone) Saturday, we will chew the fat. Happy trails, Chris.
Chris, it was good to meet you and glad I finally got to see the shop. It's about a hour ride for me but Suzuki dealers are getting far and few between in town and as of yet, no one is building a Suzuki brand community. Will miss the open house this weekend but hopefully some more regular events are planned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A New Adventure

Hi all, hope everyone is doing good. This is a bit of a long story, and I beg your indulgence. Last October, when I was between jobs, I took off on the Vstrom for a 4700 mile 24 day odyssey. One of the places I visited was Oklahoma City, where my son Geoff and my friend Marty live. Stayed about a week, and visited Suzuki- Triumph motorcycle dealer in OKC named Performance Cycles. My friend Marty used to work there, and I got along well with the owner, Gerald. He is as motorcycle crazy as I am, and also completely dedicated to the sport and the industry. Anyone that has lived in north Ga for the last couple of years knows how hard this area has been hit economically, and the motorcycle industry is down 60% + (along with mine and everyone in this business here wages). I have spent most of what I have to stay in this industry, waiting on the economy to turn around, and praying for a sign that things would get better. It hasn't, and I was nearing desperation's row. Two weeks ago, Marty called and said Performance Cycle in OKC was looking for a sales manager, was I interested. Don't know, but I would like to talk to the owner and explore the possibilities. We talked about the job some, and motorcycles a lot. It was like talking to a rabid motorcycle fan (like me!) at the race track or some motorcycle event. It became apparent to me that this is where I need to be, and Gerald appreciated my experience and dedication to this industry. I accepted the position, and begin to work on the logistics of uprooting ( at 57 years old!) and beginning a new life 850 miles away. And my family and close, close friends I asked for understanding and assistance jumped in and graciously offered the assistance I needed. From helping me get my Van repaired, my trailer maintained, packing , giving me the moral support and providing the financial security to make this happen because they want the best for me. Marty has arranged my own place to stay 12 miles from work, I just pull up on go in, it's fully furnished with utilities in a nice, safe area. It is though this is the solution I was seeking, and everything fell into place very fast. I spent last weekend with some of these guys in North Carolina riding and visiting old friends. And saying farewell (for now!) to the mountains and roads I love so much. I'm just about packed now, and load the motorcycles on the trailer in the morning and begin a new chapter in my life. The remorse from leaving my family and the close friends here is hard to bare, but their understanding and support is what is getting me thru. Please wish me luck, and think of me kindly from time to time. And when you come thru OKC, give me a shout, I would love to see you . As always, the adventure is to be continued. TTFN, Chris.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Best of luck Chris! You'll be missed here in GA.

A little bit of a drive for service but if I ever get in the area I'll be sure to look you up.

Take care and keep us informed on your new adventure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts