StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Corbin seat for my DL1000 and what a difference it makes.
The comfort level is very good and I would suggest this change to all! This seat reduces the slide factor and looks great too. I also purchased the adjustable back rest so my wife feels more comfortable ridding as well.
The seat and back rest ran about $670.00 with delivery charges but is worth every bit of it!

My Strom :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I think if one was to throw rocks at the V Strom the major complaints would be

1. Windscreen
2. Seat
3. Front springs

I'm very happy with the aftermarket solutions I found to all three.

See you out there.

Rod
05 Wee
Riverview, FL

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
You could almost make that any brand and get the same top 4 complaints. Windshield, Seat, Springs nad Tires. Same issues on the BMW LT site and the Voyager site and the Concours site also. Seems we can never be satisfied to leave our trusty steeds stock or we have different ergo requirements than the test mules used by the mfg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seat

I just ordered a Sargent seat. It's funny how manufactures spend so much time and planning into motors, chassis, and performance, and the seat and windscreen is just an afterthought despite complaints from owners year after year. I guess that's good for the aftermarket guys though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
StromSavage,

I hope you like your Sargent seat as much as I like mine! I've already done 1000 miles in two days on the seat. Works well for me.

My personal opinion on the seat / windshield / front springs of all motorcycles is that not everyone is 5' 8", 145 pounds and has an inseam of 30 inches!

Manufacturers know that regardless of what they design, it will NOT fit all the folks out there.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the Sargent Seat. I've only ridden on it around town. I'll give it a test tomorrow. So far though, it seams to be a better seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts