StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Put a piece of screen over the snorkel. It will keep all that debris out. I average 10-15K a year and only check it once every winter during annual maintenance.

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
Mine was that bad at 15,500 miles.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Must have been doing ALOT of off road riding?

You can just blow it out with compressed air, all directions. Or change it. I've gotten used to the 100 bolts already. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I replace mine at the manual stated intervals. 18,000 miles. Some have looked bad but kept the bad crap out of the intake side. When I get close to the interval I order one either onine or though the local dealer who is only a few bucks more but they pay for shipping and replace it when I get to it. It sucks they went that way with it but that's the cost of basing it off of the SV650. My SV650N was quick to do a filter on because there were no fairings. The Strom would be super easy and quick to do if I didn't have to wrestle the side fairings around the crash bars.

The side fairings on the storm with crash bars on take as long to do as everything else combined.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know if hiflo has a air filter that will fit a 18 dL-1000? I can find them for the older 02 +12 but not the newer ones. Or is there another paper type filter like oem that will work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts