StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I haven't done it, but you have to remove the dash instruments. I think it is straightforward after that.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Your manual has good instructions for removing the front body panels. Do that, then remove the dash. The bulbs are behind the dash. Not rocket surgery.

Having done it before it would take me 20 minutes, but if you're not an experienced wrencher allow yourself 2 hours and don't rush it. It probably won't take nearly that long.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If it is similar to the V2 then it's 2 screws and 2 plastic rivets if I remember right, then unhook the instrument panel and power socket and the panel comes free. Then you have access to both bulbs. Once you know how it's done it takes probably less than 10 minutes to change the bulb. No need to remove any of the other panels.

Doesn't the owners manual outline what needs done to change the bulb?

·
Registered
469 Posts
If it is similar to the V2 then it's 2 screws and 2 plastic rivets if I remember right, then unhook the instrument panel and power socket and the panel comes free.
Unfortunately, it's not that easy. I'm looking at the service manual and the first two steps are...

• Remove the front side covers
  • Remove the fuel tank front cover
These have to be off to access side screws that are holding the dash on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts