StromTrooper banner

What chain wax/lube do you PRIMARILY use?

• DuPont (Teflon Chain-Saver)

Votes: 126 30.8%
  • Maxima (Chain Wax)

Votes: 89 21.8%
  • BelRay (SuperClean Chain Lube)

Votes: 35 8.6%
  • Tirox (Chain Wax)

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Motul brand

Votes: 27 6.6%
  • Ipone brand

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Wurth brand

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Motor oil (used/new?)

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • WD40

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • (other: please post and specify!)

Votes: 74 18.1%
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anybody use Fluid Film on their chain?
Expensive, but I have a gallon of it. I use it at work, but I've never tried it on a motorcycle chain.
Says it’s non-solvent, so that is good.

Reactions: D.T.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cleaning it with WD40 or MMO or similar depending on what I have laying around, I also have a chain cleaning brush with soft plastic bristles I sometimes use, then I lube it with Marine Gear Oil. I was just looking for gear oil at walmart and found Supertech Marine Gear Oil so I went with that. It can handle water better than the standard gear oil so that's kinda neat. It sticks to the chain nicely but I don't see much dirt accumulation. No weird coating like some of the other dry lubes do.

Unable to vote is the poll over with now?

·
Registered
66 Posts
PJ1 Blue Lube. sprayed on about 300-500 miles and just after a ride. Put the bike in the garage and say, oh, I should lube the chain. Not very specific, just when I think about it.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Anybody use Fluid Film on their chain?
Expensive, but I have a gallon of it. I use it at work, but I've never tried it on a motorcycle chain.
Says it’s non-solvent, so that is good.
Very interesting. It's like a lanolin spray grease. May get fling though. I used a can on my Jeep last spring. Mostly under the hood and for the parking brake in the back underside.

Bought a can of ECSTAR chain lube. Great stuff so far.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
HHS2000, 10 second lube every fill up. That's it. 10K on the chain and no noticeable wear or slack adjustment needed.

Oh... and no cleaning... ever.

Tom is dabbling in the dark arts... but I suspect he'll be back 😁

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
HHS2000, 10 second lube every fill up. That's it. 10K on the chain and no noticeable wear or slack adjustment needed.

Oh... and no cleaning... ever.

Tom is dabbling in the dark arts... but I suspect he'll be back 😁
The dark arts work the best......but you just keep on doing it old school buddy. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
The dark arts work the best......but you just keep on doing it old school buddy. ;)
Time will tell!

Send me a kit, oil, and a human to install it, and I'll consider it 😁

Maybe when I run out of my 2 year supply of HHS.

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Time will tell!

Send me a kit, oil, and a human to install it, and I'll consider it 😁

Maybe when I run out of my 2 year supply of HHS.
Install one when you get a new 1050....... ;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just went all anal on myself while washing and cleaning the bike.
Decided to clean the chain and sprockets as the chain had gunge on it and the sprocket had it all around it. It still had the original factory chain shite on it and I've been using DuPont Chain Lube on it since I had it. So they had a combo of both on them.
To clean them off, I used DuPont chain cleaner first and then wiped them both off with a rag. They then looked like new.
After the cleaning, I checked the sprocket teeth and they looked like new at 6500 miles. I then put on fresh DuPont Chain Lube. I am interested to see how much gunge I get on them now.....

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Still using a Tutoro Oiler with Tutoro oil. I might wipe the chain with a rag when I change the oil. No real cleaning. Got 30,000 on stock chain, 18,000 so far on an EK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to use Motorex or BelRay on my dirt bikes. I switched to Maxima chain wax and like it better. Really can't comment on wear with dirt bikes, to many variables. The V-strom has 5,000 miles on a RK chain and it looks great.

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Im now using Dupont chainsaver liquid in the bottle, apply it with a surgical sponge......works awesome and lasts longer on the chain than I thought would. ZERO fling of any kind, but you can obviously see the protection on the chain surface/rollers.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Been using gear oil or ATF, with 45K miles and the chain refuses to die....

241 - 254 of 254 Posts