StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how much, in parts of an inch, the chain tightens from the measurement on a center stand to measurement, as prescribed by Suzuki, on the side stand?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My advice was do your chain adjust on the side stand and on a surface where the back wheel can move easily-go easy on the adjust screws a 1/4 turn each can be enough--re-tighten the back and check-pain in the but job but a must do if it is too slack.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
I always adjust my chain on the centerstand. I set it about 1/8" looser and never worry about it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
adjust it on center stand leaving it just slightly loser. then before tightening, drop it to side stand, check all is good. Prop it up again to make tightening bolts easier then test again on side stand. Takes only few min.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just did mine yesterday and found quite a bit of difference in the slack when on the center stand and the side stand (more than 1/2"). I did the adjustment on the sidestand, and like windinhair mentioned, 1/4 turn of the adjustment screws will make a noticable difference in the slack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts