StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the chain I noticed some extra slack in the chain. At least I "think" it is a little bit too slack. I read the manual and it states between .08 and 1.2 inches being okay. I measure 1 5/8 inches between the low and high points of the chain. :confused: I hope these photos upload correctly.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
That looks more like 2 1/8 inches to me. The slack is how much the chain moves. So tighten it up a bit. By the way, it's better to be a bit too loose than too tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Find the chain's tightest spot on the sidestand, push the chain all the way down, and make that point A (taken from the rivet). Push the chain all the way up, and measure the same rivet, that's point B. Find the difference between the two and that's your slack.

I agree, that looks more like 2 inches.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Yeah, that looks like 2" to me. Tighten it up a little. Better to be on the loose side of the adjustment than the tight.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the comments. I think it needs tightened up a bit. I've never done it before but it doesn't seem overly difficult. The manual says how to do it, but are there any "lessons learned" that might prove useful?

BTW, yes, that is a little bell on my rear foot peg. My brother-in-law is a Progressive Insurance dude and he gave it to me. He gives one to all the bike owners... something about scaring the evil road demons away, or something like that. Whatever, just saying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts