StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you mounted your chain oiler bottle. I bought a loobman and am trying to figure out a good place to locate it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chain oiler bottle location

I have a pro-oiler. I've placed the bottle under the seat, near the backlight.

Marc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine sits off the upper left passenger foot peg bracket. I bought a slightly longer bolt and mounted an additional mounting bracket for holding the oiler. Easy access to see oil level and refill. The vacuum line (and the filter line) runs up into the plastic cover and over to a vacuum nipple.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chain Oiler

Where can I get a chain oiler? All the sites seem to be in the UK. I am in NJ. Where can I get one?

Gabe

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought the cheap one from Loobman in UK --- pay through PayPal just like Ebay --- it took about 10 days to get to Texas. It isn't fancy but it works (so far --- a week) http://www.chainoiler.co.uk/index.html

I mounted the bottle on the right hand V shaped engine mount. Not pretty but easy to see on my pre ride check.
oldgeorge

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put on my loobman tonight. Took about 1.5 hours. Bottle on left side passenger peg bar, ran tubing over and behind swing arm. Only about 1.5 feet of tubing. Took longest to do the wire twist thing but worked out ok. Seems to work fine. Going on camping trip on Monday, round trip should be about 1400 miles will report results when I return. Bought mine through Aerostitch, 37 dollars plus shipping. If this works as well as advertised should have bought it early. Chain still in good shape. Have 7700miles on bike.

Cheers
Charles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts