StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting here just in case you haven’t watched and are wondering about chain lube. He’s also got another video about chain cleaners, I’ll leave the link below.

Not wanting to start a long discussion about whether to lube or not, just some friendly technical comparisons about common choices if you decide to lube.

Cheers!

Chain Lube Comparison:
https://youtu.be/VnPYdcbcAe0

Chain Cleaner Comparison:
https://youtu.be/UrEpAUi_QKA

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not wanting to start a long discussion about whether to lube or not, just some friendly technical comparisons .....
Yeah, you must be new 'round these parts. I'll open the bidding by giving this a response quotient of six pages in five days.

But thanks for posting. Ryan F9 He be our boy. And in my fair part of the country, ahem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you must be new 'round these parts. I'll open the bidding by giving this a response quotient of six pages in five days.

But thanks for posting. Ryan F9 He be our boy. And in my fair part of the country, ahem.
Lol, I know it’s coming... 😂🔫

·
Registered
185 Posts
Big B noted that this is a duplicate thread. Perhaps not as relevant here as in the other, massive multi-player chain lube thread. But Can-con indeed.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Yeah you stole him from us... 0:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I watch a lot of his stuff. I appreciate his delivery of information, and can even ignore the fact that he's Canadian and hasn't had the sense to move south to the good 'ol USA (where the riding season is longer and nicer). :)

Plus I'm tired of his links sending me to revzilla. I'm trying to buy from your company to support you and your videos, damn it! TAKE MY MONEY AND GIVE ME YOUR CANADIAN GOODS!!!

Alexi

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lol. Both Canada and Fortnine are AWESOME.

Those chain lube/ cleaners (and lots of their videos) are super helpful and informative

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was surprised that a major motorcycle retailer put out a video saying to never buy chain lube again haha. I think it goes to show they are making some cash on youtube videos now haha.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think it goes to show they are making some cash on youtube videos now haha.
Well perhaps, but I think the honest marketing technique is such a refreshing change from today's world standard that they are gaining new and repeat customers very quickly. Like me, I'll be putting in my second order of 2019 in the next day or two. Fort Nine were once know as Canada Motorcycle when I was first referred to them and I have been using them ever since.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Well perhaps, but I think the honest marketing technique is such a refreshing change from today's world standard that they are gaining new and repeat customers very quickly. Like me, I'll be putting in my second order of 2019 in the next day or two. Fort Nine were once know as Canada Motorcycle when I was first referred to them and I have been using them ever since.
for sure i've dealt with them for years and spent a small fortune with them haha. I have had the odd issue but nothing major.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've gotten tires, my boots (Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex), and a front-end lift from them. Good outfit to deal with. The fact that they sponsor Ryan to do videos as he sees fit, pulling no punches, is just icing on the cake. (also my name is Ryan)

But I have to disagree with his fling and grit stick test results - I've never had Bel-Ray superclean, Maxima chain wax, or Dupont ChainSaver (not tested in this video) fling like this if left to dry properly. I guess this may be fairly representative of what might happen if you have to lube the chain at a gas station while on the road, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts