Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 2007 Wee, 28000 miles on it. I have never replaced the chain and sprockets. They still look great, and by all accounts check good. But I want to replace, for peace of mind. Where is the best place to purchase new. Stock gearing, just up one tooth up on the counter shaft sprocket.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Is this the original chain? If not it may still have another +10k life in it.

Google chain replacement and stromtrooper and you will find MANY threads about changing chains, what kind of sprocket … etc.

https://sprocketcenter.com/
They have quality components and if not available on the website make you a set with your gearing at the set price, just e-mail them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Chains are tricky. For the most part by 28000 miles its been replaced, but when. I replaced mine at about 35k so I'm thinking it was replaced( bought my wee at 27000 miles). There are a couple of things you want to check with a chain and sprocket. If the chain has kinks, or links that are not free to move they are rusted and probably the chain is shot. When you lift the chain at the rear of the large sprocket it will move from the base of the teeth a little. If you see daylight when you lift, its time to replace. The sprocket teeth should be even on both sides. If there is any "hooking" at all its time to replace. Replace in pairs, front and rear.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Hi I have 2007 Wee, 28000 miles on it. I have never replaced the chain and sprockets. They still look great, and by all accounts check good. But I want to replace, for peace of mind. Where is the best place to purchase new. Stock gearing, just up one tooth up on the counter shaft sprocket.
Just a quote to get your attention. Apparently your pm notification is not working. I've sent you a couple and awaiting your response. To be consistent with your thread, good luck in your chain quest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts