StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I will be changing my first chain, I bought the tool for press and rivet, and I ordered a o-ring chain and sprocket kit by RK. (OEM replacement by RK)

Has anyone had any experience with these kits, or similar aftermarket kits? They claim to perfectly match the chain and sprockets for longer life.

I have gotten about 16000 miles out of stock and have a few thousand more, tops, maybe due to minor kinking and hotspots, and the adjustment doesnt last like it used to.

I am curious about the track record of these kits, and any advice I should be aware of before I tackle this job would be greately appreciated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Soon I will be changing my first chain, I bought the tool for press and rivet, and I ordered a o-ring chain and sprocket kit by RK. (OEM replacement by RK)

Has anyone had any experience with these kits, or similar aftermarket kits? They claim to perfectly match the chain and sprockets for longer life.

I have gotten about 16000 miles out of stock and have a few thousand more, tops, maybe due to minor kinking and hotspots, and the adjustment doesnt last like it used to.

I am curious about the track record of these kits, and any advice I should be aware of before I tackle this job would be greately appreciated.
I went with EK and bought JT sprockets. If you don't have to do any chain cutting, then it is easier.

The only tip I have is with the 32mm socket for the primary drive sprocket. It took considerable heat to break it loose for me. Stick a tire iron or smallish block of wood between the swing arm and wheel to make sure it doesn't move. Leave the bike in neutral so as to not damage the gear box as you stand on the breaker bar to brake it loose!

Also, zip tie the clutch lever to the handle bar (compressed) so the reassembly is easier.

It is really a pretty straight forward job.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm coming up on 30,000 miles on my 530 chain and sprockets from SVracingparts.com

Good stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts