StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I adjusted my chain according to the manual and everything went well. Afterwords, I lifted the rear of the bike up using a swingarm stand since I don't have a centerstand(planning on getting one in the future) so I could clean and lube the chain. Since the bike has to be on the ground and it's sidestand(per the manual) to adjust the chain, would it be possible to adjust it while on a swingarm stand just as accurately since the weight of the bike is still compressing the suspension as it would if it were on the sidestand? Has anyone done this with success or have experience with this method? The other thing I noticed while cleaning and lubing the chain was that when I turned the rear wheel I heard a "clunking" sound coming from the rear hub. Is it the cushdrive I hear and should I be concerned? The reason why I adjusted the chain in the first place was because of this sound when accelerating from a stop.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
No pro here, but measure your chain before you do anyadjustments, I mean while it's on the side stand, centerstand, swingarm centerstand. Look at the difference of chain slack in each of the measurements. Hope this helps. As for clunking, there really shouldn't be much if any, make sure your wheel is straight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts