StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual claims chain adjustment to be completed w/ bike on side stand. Can center stand be used?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Manual claims chain adjustment to be completed w/ bike on side stand. Can center stand be used?
No.

The suspension needs to be loaded to get the right tension.

Suzuki have worked out the correct adjustment based on the weight of the bike being on the side stand, not hanging at the bottom of the suspension travel.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Can center stand be used?
Yes, but the spec will be different. Someone will post it, or you can go for the max book spec, 30mm, then put the bike on the side stand and see if it is within the spec range, 20 to 30 mm.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
chain adjustment

maybe ok on centerstand if someone sits on pillion seat or rear rack?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If you want to do it on the center stand, it's fine if you just make the play at the tightest point at least one inch up to 1-1/2 inches.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I give up on chain adjustment!

Checking the chain tension is subjective and frustrating for me, because we all apply varying amounts of force when measuring the lateral chain movement. I did my very best, yet a dealer mechanic judged it to be a bit loose. I decided to not worry about it between tire changes, which will also be performed by a professional.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
I always use the center stand but make sure to max on the suggested measurement. Seems to work well enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts