StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I got mine from/through the dealer when I ordered the bike. OEM is typically cheaper in Canada than the SW Motech stuff. I look at it this way: If you don't support your local dealer, when you need him he won't be there.

What part of Alberta do you live in??? I'm seriously thinking of moving in the next little while

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Night_Wolf

If you move to Alberta consider Calgary and area or South of there. Lived in Edmonton far too long and won't recommend my home town to anyone. Middle of nowhere and all the rest of it. Not to say it is a bad city, just that winters are long. Too long for a rider and unless you have winter hobbies you become a couch potato and die after shovelling snow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Calgary, right near downtown so I can walk to work. It's great.

Funny thing about supporting my "local" dealer, I ended up buying the bike at a dealer in Red Deer an hour and a half away because of a combination of being in hold and higher prices in Calgary. The Red Deer shop had my bike in stock at the best price.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Calgary is at the top of the list as a destination for work. I'll have a friend in Cannmore whom I can stay with for a while until I get a job and get settled 8) It's a big step into the unknown and it will suck to leave everything behind but my bikes

water warrior said:
Night_Wolf

If you move to Alberta consider Calgary and area or South of there. Lived in Edmonton far too long and won't recommend my home town to anyone. Middle of nowhere and all the rest of it. Not to say it is a bad city, just that winters are long. Too long for a rider and unless you have winter hobbies you become a couch potato and die after shovelling snow.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I was a Printing Press operator for 20 years :shock: Now I'm looking for a new trade. Would love an apprenticeship in Plumbing or HVAC. I'm also very interested in teaching nOObs to ride and have contacted both Calgary & Lethbridge about possible opportunities. haven't heard back yet. Know anyone hiring someone who is a quick learner???

water warrior said:
Night-Wolf

what kind of work do you do ?

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Thanks Water_Warrior sent me the name of a company to check and I'm looking there now. I have a feeling I could get a job the first day I'm there. I'm looking for a career not just a job. A job gets you through the week, a career will get me through life 8) If you have any leads I'm all ears/eyes

TintinStrom said:
Everyone is hiring quick learners right now.

If you had a decent resume and showed up into town you'd have a job before the end of the day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Anyway, getting back to the original question :lol: .
I bought my OEM stand from my local dealer for $260.37, last year. Couldn't find anything else locally and freight costs killed any idea of ordering from the 'net. The stand works very well - no complaints.

Al

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my SW Motch from Twisted Throttle . Total cost was $270. I got burned by brokerage charges. Live and learn I guess. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts