StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new owner of 650 adv looking for advice and or good riding trips in Ohio. I have been surfing this forum and read some old posts about trips. '

Hope to hear from some Buckeyes
Aaron
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and there are many of us Buckeyes here. Look in the events section of forum, you will see my Labor Day bash listed......good opportunity for you to meet some great local folks and some very much not local folks. ;) Also a great chance for you to ride some of Ohio's best roads, and learn about where all else you can get into trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I live in knox county and we have plenty of awesome, low-no traffic riding around here. Just get off the state highways and start riding the county roads in and around the area, I know you'll enjoy them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
Check out ADV and the "Adventure in Ohio" thread.

61% bullshit but the other 39% is good riding and good people.

Fivepaes, we are at Peggy Sues, just down 229 from you, quite often for lunch.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,863 Posts
Check out ADV and the "Adventure in Ohio" thread.

61% bullshit but the other 39% is good riding and good people.

Fivepaes, we are at Peggy Sues, just down 229 from you, quite often for lunch.
I have a 650 now Mark, can you believe it? Are you planning on attending my Labor Day gathering? Hope you are well, and hope to see you soon.

BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
I have a 650 now Mark, can you believe it? Are you planning on attending my Labor Day gathering? Hope you are well, and hope to see you soon.

BB
You have both? What?

Yeah, I will at the very least try to stop by, can't commit to overnight yet. I'm slaughtering my vacation time on some rides and dual sports coming up, and Meredith and I are going to California for 13 days in September.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,015 Posts
Welcome, and yes lots of adventure guys in the Columbus/Central Ohio area (including me). Lots of good rides to be had in Buckeye country, pay attention here and on ADV and you'll find em', or hit me up if you wanna burn a weekend somewhere. I'm usually up for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Following this thread :) new dl650 rider from Cincinnati town

V Strom LED headlights - wp.me/p48a0W-1D
Turn signal conversion to running lights- wp.me/p48a0W-1Z
LED tail lights - wp.me/p48a0W-1I
MadStad + Givi - wp.me/p48a0W-1N
Mirror Extenders - wp.me/p48a0W-1R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I don't know if you guys use the REver app to record rides and search for rides, but it is pretty cool. I also check out these sites.
Top 100 Routes | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
Motorcycle Rides | Motorcycle Roads | Motorcycle Tours and Routes

I just rode 41 down to Aberdeen and came back up to Xenia on 62 & 68. 41 is a great road (south of Greenfield). 62 & 68, not so much.

If you get a chance, ride Ohio 763 between 125 and 41. It's a bit of an unknown road but a ton of fun. Here is a link...
13 Unlucky Miles of Hell - OH Route 763 | Ohio Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

And some video (not me).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaszfnngcOE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Thank you for the link and route info!

V Strom LED headlights - wp.me/p48a0W-1D
Turn signal conversion to running lights- wp.me/p48a0W-1Z
LED tail lights - wp.me/p48a0W-1I
MadStad + Givi - wp.me/p48a0W-1N
Mirror Extenders - wp.me/p48a0W-1R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
ride this weekend?

Anyone interested in going out for a ride this saturday afternoon and sunday in Ohio. Im in Dayton. PM me if interested
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,863 Posts
3 of us are meeting at 10 am tomorrow, a nice ride and camp is going to occur. :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top