StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I'm new to the thread and V-Stroms, but not bikes. I' moved to ME from CO a few years back with a Monster, quickly realized mud season and frost heave were not friends. Swapped it for a F650GS, the job ship ran aground so it was sold :-( Waited almost two and a half years (year of that, bike research) and finally I pulled the trigger on another bike. I just picked up a 2011 DL650 leftover for a pretty sick deal up here in Augusta. Looking forward to rides and insight from the local Troopers!

Dan

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Hey ya'll,

Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I'm new to the thread and V-Stroms, but not bikes. I' moved to ME from CO a few years back with a Monster, quickly realized mud season and frost heave were not friends. Swapped it for a F650GS, the job ship ran aground so it was sold :-( Waited almost two and a half years (year of that, bike research) and finally I pulled the trigger on another bike. I just picked up a 2011 DL650 leftover for a pretty sick deal up here in Augusta. Looking forward to rides and insight from the local Troopers!

Dan
Hello Dan! Welcome to the forum, and to the New England section. Most likely, you purchased your bike from Blouin's. They DO have good prices!

I live on Mount Desert Island. If you are out and about, send a message, and hopefully we can meet up somewhere.

Barry B.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome Dan.,, If you're ever in the Bridgton area give a shout........I also spend the summers in Seboeis, so you might catch me in that area....If we were smart, we'd hook up and go see Black Lab, for a beer..........:mrgreen:...TD

·
Registered
134 Posts
I grew up just outside of Augusta in Winthrop. I'm living in S.Portland now.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Welcome yo the club Dan. Beers at Bar Harbor Barry's....count me in. Lol. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22,288 Posts
, quickly realized mud season and frost heave were not friends.
:yesnod:

I think Maine is the worse state for that of the 3 northern New England states, but maybe its cause its the biggest. I remember going fer a ride on my SV650 one day started at home in NH, headed up thru Eustis into Quebec than back into Maine in Jackman, and somewhere near Skowhegan, I started trying to find smooth roads and it was almost impossible, every year it changes. conditions warrant a 3 year cycle on repavement, but unfortunately, traffic only warrants a 10year cycle, roads get pretty bad in the meantime

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts