StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking a bit of a group ride here in the future would be in good order. I know there are a few of us here in Hendricks, Marion, and Hamilton Counties and we could pick up some others along the way down south. This could be a great meet and greet. let me know what works for you and I'll try to make something happen.

Stay safe and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It sounds like a good idea and I'll monitor your postings, maybe I can meet the group somewhere. However, my wife and I are getting ready for a trip west soon and the preparations are taking an inordinate amount of time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would be up for that. I'm pretty flexible except for Thursday evenings. Weekends usually good. I do have several things planned for July and will be out of town a fair amount. I'll keep checking in.

Thanks for offering to pull it together.

Bob

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would a Saturday be the best for everyone

I was thinking that with everyones schedules being what they are, a Saturday may work out the best. Can everyone make it on the 25th of June?

If that isn't possible, please speak up and we'll see what we can work out.

PM me and I'll leave you my cell # so we can get this all coordinated.

Eric

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about the 26th?

I forgot to look at my schedule for the 25th. I'll be in Lima, Ohio for the halfmile races and won't be back until late that night.

How about this? Sunday mornin' the 26th of June anyone that wants to go for a ride meet me at the intersection of hwy 39 S and hwy 36 (not to be confused with 39 N and 36 1/4 mile to the west) in Danville at 9am. There is a parking lot on the SE corner of the intersection and a gas station right across from it.

I'm proposing a ride that will take us down 39 to 142 (there will be a slight deture just south of I-70). Then west on 142 until we get to Pumpkin Vine then turn south and take that to the intersection of 67 and 39 just outside of Martinsville. Then travel across 44 to 135. Take 135 south to Trafalger and then the backway to 46 just east of Nashville. Then proceed south on 135 to 58. Take 58 to Bedford, of course stopping for lunch at the 58 cafe. Then I plan on riding 450 to Loogootee. The return path is open for suggestions.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I should also note that if anyone wants to sample a RDL seat or a chudderless Vee, I'll make my bike available to swap out at different points in the ride.

bw', looking forward to meeting you and going for a ride. I had no idea about the backway from Trafalger to 46 until you posted it a while back. Great road!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nightstrom - welcome. I'm also in Carmel as is Indyrider and probably a couple others. When you have a chance post a picture of that new bike. You are going to love it. Hope to see you next Sunday.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all!!, been otherplaces and havn't made it here lately, I should be in for that. I enjoy "down south" runs anytime I can. Hope to see you then. Sean:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sunday's ride

Sounds great to me! I will need to get a hall pass however as I already have Friday night in Paduca KY for the half mile and Sat at Marion Co fair grounds for the quarter mile races. Good route picked. Plan on me being there unless I PM otherwise.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds great to me! I will need to get a hall pass however as I already have Friday night in Paduca KY for the half mile and Sat at Marion Co fair grounds for the quarter mile races. Good route picked. Plan on me being there unless I PM otherwise.
If the weather prohibits me from going to Lima Saturday, then I'll be at Marion County. Do they have a good turnout in Paducah?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Darn!

Looks like I will have to skip the Sunday morning ride. My wife reminded me that we are going out of town for a family wedding. Lost that one off the radar - I guess when the chance to ride came up the wedding went south (as I wish it would)! Have a good ride and will hope to catch one at a later time.

Bob

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indybob,

We'll have to catch up with each other another day. I hope you have fun at the wedding and we'll all be thinking of you:green_lol:

Looks as if the weather gods are going to cooperate with our ride. No rain and 80 degrees for a high sounds like a day made in heaven for a ride.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Looks like I'm in for this one!

A couple of friends and I are going to go get our KLR650s dirty on Saturday. Sunday should be a nice opportunity to throughly enjoy the lounge-like comfort of a V-Strom saddle.

Nothing better than a whole weekend spent riding... unless it's a whole week, month or year riding. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Enjoy fellas!!!!! Weather should be flipin' fantastic!!! As much as I'd like to go I'll be celebrating my oldest daughters 8th birthday. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Be safe and turn a mile or two for me,

Kevin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts