StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
odd how after you buy a new car or bike you start noticing more of them around. i've saw a few of you around the area, any of you members ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live near Metamora. Black 08 Wee and I wear yellow helmet/tourmaster jacket. I have seen a wee or two around. My work takes me to smaller towns all over the state for computer work-- so this is where my Wee gets most of its miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blue wee, three black givi cases. maybe we will run into each other. live in peoria, work in pekin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get one ? i have never saw a strom at cupi's. cycletrader.com is where i found mine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Live in the Pumpkin Capital (Morton), so of course I own a '09 Orange Wee. Have seen a few around, and I believe I've passed Vonjobob on his yellow one near his house (since I ride down in the Mackinaw River bottom often).

If anyone is still looking for a V-Strom, you may want to check out World of PowerSports in Decatur - according to their website, they have three wees in stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
five minute drive to the video store yesterday and i saw a blue 1000 and blue 650...i think it's the first time i saw two v-stroms in one day !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
winter coming back at the end of march has given me a big case of pms....parked motorcycle syndrom !

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wish I woulda seen this thread earlier. Got my Yellow '08 Wee a couple years ago. I'll be riding all winter...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I tried to PM you guys, not sure if it went through. I am planning on riding to Starved Rock tomorrow, 11.30.13. Weather looks great for a ride and short hike. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Live in the Pumpkin Capital (Morton), so of course I own a '09 Orange Wee. Have seen a few around, and I believe I've passed Vonjobob on his yellow one near his house (since I ride down in the Mackinaw River bottom often).

If anyone is still looking for a V-Strom, you may want to check out World of PowerSports in Decatur - according to their website, they have three wees in stock.
We're also in Morton with two 2012 Wees, orange and usually with Givi top cases. The Mackinaw River is one of our favorites too. I suspect we've seen yours in the driveway on S. Ohio?

And World of Powersports in Peoria Heights has a 2012 Adventure with about 3,000 miles on it for an asking price of $8,000.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
I tried to PM you guys, not sure if it went through. I am planning on riding to Starved Rock tomorrow, 11.30.13. Weather looks great for a ride and short hike. Let me know if you are interested.
Saw your PM this morning. It was 0.5°F this morning with an inch of snow and snow packed secondary roads, so I am thinking a 5-6 hour ride south is probably not going to happen. :mrgreen:

I've passed Starved Rock several times going to other places or heading for the barn from other places. It looks interesting, may have to do a separate just to it next summer.

Be safe and take some photos.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Probably going back to Starved Rock for more hiking on Saturday...unless anyone else is man enough to get their machine out of the garage and has a better place to go.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
BumbleV lives in Peoria, I think he commutes on his bike, so you may be seeing him. Stop and talk to him, he's very friendly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts