StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a question in the Classifieds that got lost because the stand was sold and the thread deleted. Anyhow, for those posters and anyone else interested, put your right foot on the centerstand pedal, left hand on the handlebar, right hand on the luggage rack. Straighten the bike such that both sides of the stand are on the ground. Put all your weight on your right foot. One way to make sure you are doing that is to pick your left foot up off the ground. This will also get you right up against the bike as most neophytes stand to far back. While standing on the pedal, lift with your right hand and keep your back straight. The bike will leap up on the stand. It's the easiest bike I've even owned to get on the stand. It's people who talk about pulling back that usually have trouble. Up is way to go. You use your weight to your advantage and have much more leverage.

·
570 Posts
Agreed. For such a big bike, it stands up pretty easy. Probably looks kind of funny to passing motorists when I do it at the gas station though.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Even with full luggage and lowering links it is doable, just takes a little practice. Had enough weight in the bags to lift the front wheel off the ground, sure looked funny parked like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"put your right foot on the centerstand pedal, left hand on the handlebar, right hand on the luggage rack. Straighten the bike such that both sides of the stand are on the ground. Put all your weight on your right foot. One way to make sure you are doing that is to pick your left foot up off the ground. This will also get you right up against the bike as most neophytes stand to far back. While standing on the pedal, lift with your right hand and keep your back straight. The bike will leap up on the stand"
This should be printed on the installation instructions. I've been struggling for a week to find an easy way to use my stand. (Santa brought me one)
Armed with this info I went out to the garage and bounced my bike up on the stand a dozen times with ease.
Bless you Greywolf. I now take back all the bad things I said about Santa after I installed it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
av8r, great description . . . you're right. this bike centers up better than my old RT and it's way easy in the dirt/sand.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Believe me, the Kawi Concours is 10x harder to put up on its center stand. My dad dropped his twice doing so.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Yamaha XS11 was 760lbs wet before the farkles. It had to be over 800 with packed luggage. That took technique. The Concours is only 640lbs wet. The Honda Rune is 888lbs wet but I don't think anybody makes a centerstand for it.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greywolf -- what brand of cstand do you have. Does the EASE hold for all brands?
I have an SW-Motech. With proper technique all brands are easy.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
+1 for the ease of use with proper technique. I have the OEM stand and it is a piece of cake to use.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Linky no worky.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Yup. OEM is easy.

Step down with the right foot. Lift up with the right hand.

Just make sure you've got it level on the stand and the front wheel straight before you do it.

I made the mistake of putting the V on the stand on an uphill grade. Man, it was a job tip-toeing it off!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I have kouba links on my bike, a top case, and the front forks lowered to match. I'm not exactly a very strong person (5'10" 150lbs) and can lift the bike onto the center stand with little or no difficulty. I place my right foot on the stand and push down while steadying (not lifting) with my right hand on the rear rack, and left hand on the handlebars. I"ll make a video at the beginning of February :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Silly ole centerstand?

Hey Kids,

After several years hauling the Wingabago up on it's centerstand, all I have to do is give my Wee a nasty look and it assumes the (vertical) position on the recently installed OEM stand. Some o' y'all sure are working mighty hard! :mrgreen:

I'm sure I'll join the garage-tip-over-busted-turn-signal-make-up-new-dirty-words party at some point, but so far, this thing feels like a bicycle compared to the beef I'm used to muscling around in the garage.

Love this toy!

vrox

1 - 16 of 16 Posts