StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a used 07 DL 650 with a number of mods including a SW Motech centerstand. When the bike is on the centerstand you can rock it just a bit from side to side with your hand or sit on it and rock it side to side. It doesnt move alot but still seems to be more than it should to me. Is this normal for a Motech centerstand on the 650 ? I have had a Kawi ZX-6, Kawi ZZR1200 and a Katana 750 in the past all with centerstands and they were solid.

By the way its not rocking on the feet of the stand, they are firmly on the ground, but seems to be in the pivot area. All mounting bolts are tight. Again just wondering if the Motech tends to have a little side to side play in them on a Wee.

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Never caused a problem though so I quit worrying about it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Same here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine did the same thing. Never caused a problem though so I quit worrying about it.
Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure it was normal since I never had one to do that before.

I just quit worring about it to. :D

Thanks to the both of you for replying.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Just to add my .2

Mine did the same thing, so I ground 2mm from the stop contact area (allowing the stand to swing slightly further forward in the down pos'n) and welded on some slightly larger landing pads. Cured.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts