StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be lowering my Glee 3/4" using Kouba Lowering Links... Ordered them today.

Which centerstands will still work when lowered?

I tried to order one from Happy Trails but their tech guy/fabricator said that he did not think theirs would work on a lowered Glee. Something about the centerstand hitting the bike's swing arm when retracted...

So, where should I get one that will work with my bike lowered?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have also lowered my bike with the 3/4" Kouba links, and the SW Motech stand works fine. Takes a little more effort to get it up, but not really a problem at all.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Kouba links lower an SV 3/4" but a DL 1-1/8".

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Kouba links lower an SV 3/4" but a DL 1-1/8".
The vendor I bought my Kouba links from had two versions for the GleeStrom: 1) 3/4" & 2) 1 1/8". I purchased the version that lowers 3/4".

Am I missing something? Did the vendor misinform me?

What brand centerstand do you use?

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also lowered my bike with the 3/4" Kouba links, and the SW Motech stand works fine. Takes a little more effort to get it up, but not really a problem at all.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look on Twisted Throttles site.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The vendor I bought my Kouda links from had two versions for the GleeStrom: 1) 3/4" & 2) 1 1/8". I purchased the version that lowers 3/4". What brand centerstand do you use?
I checked and found there are 3/4" links available now. Sorry about that. I have an SW-Motech stand.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked and found there are 3/4" links available now. Sorry about that. I have an SW-Motech stand.
Thanks for the reply.

I guess Twisted Throttle will some more of my money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts