StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from my dealer that a centerstand could affect cornering clearance. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not a super aggressive rider, and would like to add it for the convenience of washing, adding air, etc. :)

K

·
0 Posts
The advantages far out weigh the disadvantages. The Hepco-Becker and SW Motech look like this:

I can't drag it, although I understand the OEM stand is much wider.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
tbsurf said:
I heard from my dealer that a centerstand could affect cornering clearance. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not a super aggressive rider, and would like to add it for the convenience of washing, adding air, etc. :)
I'm a fairly aggressive rider, and I've never dragged the Suzuki centerstand.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Have a Zuk center stand and wouldn't go without it. Great for lubing, air up, washing (maybe) general futzing about.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
The OEM centerstand does somewhat reduce the lean angle on the left. I've never had a problem with it, but I'm not an aggressive rider at all. It does come with an extended sensor that replaces the stock sensor in the left foot rest.

·
Administrator
16,795 Posts
I have NEVER scraped or dragged the OEM stand, and I am known to ride very agressive at times!!! :wink: Any bike that can have a centerstand option....is a GREAT option!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
My center-stand hasn't affected my cornering at all (I'm not that agressive a rider to begin with) but I did bounce my SW-Motech off of a rock last week while upright, put-putting along a rough dirt road (KLANK! :shock: ).

No harm was done and it may have actually prevented damage to something more delicate, like the exhaust pipe.

A skid-plate is on my to-do list at some point.

- Martin

·
Registered
177 Posts
SW-Motech center stand here.

I can't, in my wildest dreams, imagine that baby touching the pavement in a hard turn. Others have claimed it can. Maybe I'm just too wimpy a rider!

- Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts